Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top defenses in State

Featured Replies

Top 10?  I know how stifling the Bowling Green Purples will be, but who else are the best?  Male and St X stand out as well.

Male

St. X

Bowling Green

?

Generally all your top programs have good defenses because, if not, you probably aren't good. 

CovCath will have a great defense this year. They have returning starting linebackers David Wilson, Adam Holtz and junior Aiden Jones back even though I think Wilson played defensive end last year but he may be switched to a linebacker position. Junior Zion Mason is back and will be in the secondary. CovCath usually has lots of people play both ways so I think a couple of their returning offensive lineman--Sam Epplen and Thomas Schramm will also play defensive line.  There are a few others that got lots of playing time last year. I plan on going to the scrimmage against Simon Kenton this Friday so we will see what things look like. 

28 minutes ago, bluecolonels95 said:

CovCath will have a great defense this year. They have returning starting linebackers David Wilson, Adam Holtz and junior Aiden Jones back even though I think Wilson played defensive end last year but he may be switched to a linebacker position. Junior Zion Mason is back and will be in the secondary. CovCath usually has lots of people play both ways so I think a couple of their returning offensive lineman--Sam Epplen and Thomas Schramm will also play defensive line.  There are a few others that got lots of playing time last year. I plan on going to the scrimmage against Simon Kenton this Friday so we will see what things look like. 

So will Holtz play linebacker and quarterback?

May be slightly outside the radar because of their youth, but I think I'd keep an eye on Trinity. I understand they have a new head coach and lost a lot to graduation. But! Jay Cobb is the man that has led the defense the past 7 years. Everyone knows how stifling the Rocks D was last year, but look at what he did in the years prior as well.

 

11 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

So will Holtz play linebacker and quarterback?

Holtz and that transfer from Campbell County Preston Agee are leading candidates for starting QB. You would think you wouldn’t want your starting QB to play both ways and risk getting injured. I don’t know much about Agee so hopefully both play QB in this scrimmage. 

Central returns 8 starters on defense so they should have another strong unit.

35 minutes ago, bluecolonels95 said:

Holtz and that transfer from Campbell County Preston Agee are leading candidates for starting QB. You would think you wouldn’t want your starting QB to play both ways and risk getting injured. I don’t know much about Agee so hopefully both play QB in this scrimmage. 

Is Agee eligible?

48 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Is Agee eligible?

Will be a great addition if he is..

 

49 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Central returns 8 starters on defense so they should have another strong unit.

Nice catch. You're right, and I overlooked their returning talent. Central should have a solid season, possible state title run. I think have 5 coming back on offense.

  • Author
2 hours ago, NLTanker1 said:

May be slightly outside the radar because of their youth, but I think I'd keep an eye on Trinity. I understand they have a new head coach and lost a lot to graduation. But! Jay Cobb is the man that has led the defense the past 7 years. Everyone knows how stifling the Rocks D was last year, but look at what he did in the years prior as well.

 

Yup.  As I posted this it just seems Trinity is a definite year in year out and so dominant even on the national scene , so I should have definitely included them.

South Warren returns several starters from a year ago, and they've got players at all three levels - Jake Jackson (DL), Luke Burton (LB), and Christian Conyer (DB) are your all-state caliber guys.

12 hours ago, bluecolonels95 said:

CovCath will have a great defense this year. They have returning starting linebackers David Wilson, Adam Holtz and junior Aiden Jones back even though I think Wilson played defensive end last year but he may be switched to a linebacker position. Junior Zion Mason is back and will be in the secondary. CovCath usually has lots of people play both ways so I think a couple of their returning offensive lineman--Sam Epplen and Thomas Schramm will also play defensive line.  There are a few others that got lots of playing time last year. I plan on going to the scrimmage against Simon Kenton this Friday so we will see what things look like. 

Yeah we should be pretty good, especially in the front 7 with Wilson and Jones. Even though we have Zion Mason at corner, who is a flat out stud and I think will make a run at all state, I’m skeptical on the rest of the secondary. We just weren’t good there last season. At the same point, most high school teams don’t throw the ball well enough to take advantage of it, so I’m expecting us to get after teams this year on that side of the ball.  
 

The young guy I’m looking for to make an impact is Willie Rodriguez at outside linebacker. He’s going to add a lot of length and athleticism to the second level. 

2 hours ago, CCHFC said:

Yeah we should be pretty good, especially in the front 7 with Wilson and Jones. Even though we have Zion Mason at corner, who is a flat out stud and I think will make a run at all state, I’m skeptical on the rest of the secondary. We just weren’t good there last season. At the same point, most high school teams don’t throw the ball well enough to take advantage of it, so I’m expecting us to get after teams this year on that side of the ball.  
 

The young guy I’m looking for to make an impact is Willie Rodriguez at outside linebacker. He’s going to add a lot of length and athleticism to the second level. 

Cam Hergott might tear apart the secondary when we play Beechwood. But that is 5-6 weeks out so anything can happen. 

I am excited to see South Warren in their scrimmage tonight vs Central Hardin at  Central Hardin High School. Game time is 7:30. Their defense is usually solid and Veltcamp at QB will be fun to watch. Just another solid test for Central Hardin to see where we are at heading into the first week of the season against Desales.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.