Will Covid impact the 2021 season?

Cats25

I hope not as well I just don’t know how much longer these schools could go without the football revenue from the fans. And, I don’t think there should be because most of the schools in my area are not requiring masks so why would the KHSAA try to enforce some kind of guidelines.

14 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I hope not as well I just don’t know how much longer these schools could go without the football revenue from the fans. And, I don’t think there should be because most of the schools in my area are not requiring masks so why would the KHSAA try to enforce some kind of guidelines.

I agree with this overall, but there are some school districts (JCPS comes to the top of my mind) that may have to deal with this (restrictions/masks, etc.) more than others.

16 hours ago, Cats25 said:

Has anyone heard if the KHSAA is setting rules regarding spectators, roster sizes, etc? I know some schools are requiring masks for kids for inside. 

The KHSAA weren’t the ones setting the rules for these things last year. Those guidelines, if they come, will come from individual school districts guided by advice and directives they’ve been given from those who rank much higher than the KHSAA. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

The KHSAA weren’t the ones setting the rules for these things last year. Those guidelines, if they come, will come from individual school districts guided by advice and directives they’ve been given from those who rank much higher than the KHSAA. 

Right. Any restrictions will be made at the district level. 

I don't think we'll see any restrictions this season when it comes to fans, at least not around here. 

• Like 1