Dino Gaudio Arrested for Extortion

Jumper_Dad

Just breaking, evidently he threatened to tell what he knew about Louisville Recruiting Violations. Wanted 17 months pay after termination to stay quiet.

Cards can't seem to get out of their own way. This going on while the NCAA hammer is still pending for last discretions.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Still a bad look to have even the most minor violations come to light while you're already under investigation for major violations.

Also, Dino is just dumb.

Of course, the optics are bad. 

I'm not getting at all worked up over Level 2's. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Of course, the optics are bad. 

I'm not getting at all worked up over Level 2's. 

Feels like something that could get Gaudio in serious trouble but not so much Louisville. Any punishment for wrongdoing of UofL is likely already coming down the pipe based on the past few years. 

Normally Level 2's are not much to worry about. The problem would seem to be that they happened while on probation for Hookergate and while under NCAA investigation for paying a player.

I saw a guy go to prison once for stealing less than $10 in fishing lures. He was currently on 10 years probation for various other crimes and was out of prison on parole/probation. That's how this "could" escalate for UofL.