Reds at Rockies (5/13 - 5/16)

2 hours ago, nkypete said:

Would a trip to Louisville help?  Does he have a mechanical flaw?

He does have 2 options left but I'm with VOR and doubt a trip to Ville would help.  Should the Redlegs keep running him out there as a starter?  I give him a few more starts before looking at other options.

35 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Louisville, no. Mechanical flaw, absolutely yes.  He is still throwing 97 mile an hour fastballs. His location is off. His stuff is too flat.  Far be it for the amateur watching on TV to correct flaws but his arm slot looks off to me and I don't like his front side action. His body and arms are all over the place. Time for our pitching coach guru to earn his money and fix Castillo. The best pitching instruction is going to be in Cincinnati and Castillo needs to stay here to get fixed.

I don't think they will send him down either, but if he has some sort of injury they would in order to allow him to rehab (like they did with Sonny Gray).  If no injury, then maybe an additional pair of eyes is needed to find and fix those flaws.  We'll see.

8 hours ago, Mustang said:

He even mis-called the 7th Inning stretch.

IF we were only half as good as he makes us out to be, we would be world championship caliber.  He continues to put earrings on this pig.  

LOL, yes he does and I’m guessing that’s what he was told he had to do to get the job!

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice how annoying Mr. Sadek is. It's always tough trying to move into new territory,but man.... right now, he needs to just call the game. I liked him the first 2/3 games i watched,but the whole over the top [in my opinion] with the analytics, dude ...give it a break!!!! If i have to here him talk about...."exit velocity", "launch angle", "swing and miss rate",  i think I'm going to "launch angle" , my t.v. into the woods behind my house!!!! I realize this stuff is the flavor of the decade right now, but trying to throw out every little piece of statistical info is ridiculous !!! [minutiae!]  Most people could care less!!! I'm willing to give him till July.  Tommy Thraw sounds like a solid announcer to me. Cowboy is cowboy! It's to bad though, that there is nobody who will call the players out for sub par play. Looks like they are all company men.[the announcers]  I miss Marty's  "call it like i see it' attitude . Things change.I get it! Anyway, just one man's humble opinion. Later gentlemen.

I think Jeff Brantley is one of the finest baseball minds in the game.

IMO, he should be managing the ball club.

Having him work with Sadek is like pairing him up with Howdy Doody.  He deserves better.  The good news is that we haven't been subjected to "it's all about me", Barry Larkin this series. 

• Like 1

Amen on Brantley managing this team. I'm not going to get started on the current manager, except...everyone i talk to around here in baseball circles, not a fan!!! But hey, he's the son,and grand son of ex-reds. Which apparently is all the managing credentials you need to manage a major league team in Cincinnata !!! [ using the Sparky Anderson pronunciation] btw....The bullpen will be done by July!!!

5 hours ago, k'd looking said:

Amen on Brantley managing this team. I'm not going to get started on the current manager, except...everyone i talk to around here in baseball circles, not a fan!!! But hey, he's the son,and grand son of ex-reds. Which apparently is all the managing credentials you need to manage a major league team in Cincinnata !!! [ using the Sparky Anderson pronunciation] btw....The bullpen will be done by July!!!

Have the Reds had another manager who is the son and grandson of ex-Reds?

The Reds are absolutely gifted two wins by the Rockies.  If we proved on thing this weekend it is that we are indeed better top to bottom than at least one team in the league.

Totally disgraceful relief pitching from Rockie relievers.   Sad.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mustang said:

The Reds are absolutely gifted two wins by the Rockies.  If we proved on thing this weekend it is that we are indeed better top to bottom than at least one team in the league.

Totally disgraceful relief pitching from Rockie relievers.   Sad.   

What was it at the end? 4 walks, 2 hit batters and runs scored on both a wild pitch and a passed ball?  This was a meltdown of nuclear proportions by their pen. Merry Christmas!

But I'll take it.

• Like 1