We are leaving Kentucky

doomer

After 24 years of making Kentucky (Lexington area) our home, we are moving to our new farm south of Montgomery, Alabama.  I have loved Kentucky, especially as I love horses...bourbon, not so much.  Grandkids have a certain gravitational pull, and our four are all in Alabama, thus we had the chance, and are taking it to move closer while they are still young.

It is hard to think of leaving the great lifestyle here behind, but I will admit Mrs. doomer is ecstatic as we will live the closest to our daughter and her family.

We leave on May 25th, and I assure you Kentucky and my friends here will always be in my heart and mind.

and PS, we always have room for visitors.

Edited by doomer
add sentence
  • Like 6

Thanks for the kind messages!  Been packing and started hauling farm equipment to the new farm 496 miles away.  I am really going to miss Kentucky, but I'll be glad when the move is over.  The last thing will be the horses, dogs and cats on May 25.   Hopefully they all make it safely.

• Like 2

PS:  We are 2 1/2 hours north of Ft. Walton Beach, FL and only one turn off the main drag, 331 that goes there off I-65.  Our place will be a good stopping point if anyone cares to visit!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 10:40 AM, doomer said:

Thanks for the kind messages!  Been packing and started hauling farm equipment to the new farm 496 miles away.  I am really going to miss Kentucky, but I'll be glad when the move is over.  The last thing will be the horses, dogs and cats on May 25.   Hopefully they all make it safely.

I cannot imagine moving a farm. Hopefully all has gone well 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It was a lot of work:  transporter for household goods; transporter for five horses;  three round trips 500 miles each way to take trailers with equipment (tractor and implements, mowers, tools, etc.).  Then one last trip with horse trailer, four dogs, three cats.   Then, getting functional on this end.   My next move is to the urn.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3