Knox Central 78 North Laurel 63 (13th Region Finals)

38 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Freshman Gavin Chadwell named the Tournament MVP.

He’s a good kid - he’s played AAU with my son the last 3 years.   Big boned kid (as they used to say). I’m guessing 6’4  and 240, and been basically that size since the 7th grade.  Strictly an inside player, good hands and feet. I’ve always heard his future is in football.  Was averaging about 8 and 6, must have blown up a bit in this tournament.  Good for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mojocat said:

He’s a good kid - he’s played AAU with my son the last 3 years.   Big boned kid (as they used to say). I’m guessing 6’4  and 240, and been basically that size since the 7th grade.  Strictly an inside player, good hands and feet. I’ve always heard his future is in football.  Was averaging about 8 and 6, must have blown up a bit in this tournament.  Good for him.

What little I saw of him was good.  Nice body and certainly doesn't play like a freshman. 

• Thanks 1

OK, I"m not from the 13th.....I'm certainly not a person "in the know" here....but speaking as an observer from afar....what happened?   I was hearing only "North Laurel-this" and "North Laurel-that".   Supposedly, this region was North Laurel's for the taking....what happened?

Curious Colonelmike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

OK, I"m not from the 13th.....I'm certainly not a person "in the know" here....but speaking as an observer from afar....what happened?   I was hearing only "North Laurel-this" and "North Laurel-that".   Supposedly, this region was North Laurel's for the taking....what happened?

Curious Colonelmike

I think some mis-interpreted my post, above, as mocking North Laurel for failure to win the region.   Nothing intended of the sort.   I was asking a serious question.  

Again, I don't know anything of either team except what I've read...

North Laurel has a good team but I think the two games they played at Lexington Catholic a month ago kind of exposed them as relying too much on their star player. They lost by 20 and 30 in those two games and were 19-0 going into that weekend. 
I didn’t watch this game but it appears from the stats that Knox knew Sheppard was going to get his points but the key was stop everyone else, and that obviously worked. Coach Rupp always used the same strategy with Pistol Pete Maravich whenever the Cats played LSU back in the day. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Professor said:

North Laurel has a good team but I think the two games they played at Lexington Catholic a month ago kind of exposed them as relying too much on their star player. They lost by 20 and 30 in those two games and were 19-0 going into that weekend. 
I didn’t watch this game but it appears from the stats that Knox knew Sheppard was going to get his points but the key was stop everyone else, and that obviously worked. Coach Rupp always used the same strategy with Pistol Pete Maravich whenever the Cats played LSU back in the day. 

Smart move, I would say.

North Oldham used the same strategy against Simon Kenton in the semi-finals of the 8th Region, allowing 8th Region POY Kelly Niece - the state's #1 scorer - to "get his", while corralling the rest of the Pioneers.

Congrats to KCC!   The 13th has always been a tough place to play, as long as I can remember....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Professor said:

You’re dating yourself.