5th Year Seniors...

17 hours ago, LoudenSwain said:

I can see your point, but no different than I was in high school and a kid showed up from St Louis, outplayed us, and earned a starting spot. We weren’t “owed” anything, we shoulda worked harder in off season. 

Look, I see all sides. But my point is its April, and you got months to prepare for the upcoming season. That’s a good warning. Does is suck?  Maybe. But ask that kid returning how it was not attending school in person, not going to prom, not having a graduation. Then ask them how it feels to have the NCAA give all their kids an extra year, take those potential scholarships they would have earned in an otherwise normal year, yada yada yada. It never ends. 

man up. Take the job from them if you want it. 

I keep hearing about transfers coming in but from where I’m from we don’t see many transfers come in that are actually any good at sports. 

On 4/12/2021 at 3:19 PM, Tkinslow said:

I keep hearing about transfers coming in but from where I’m from we don’t see many transfers come in that are actually any good at sports. 

Bottom line to me is I keep hearing folks complain that these kids are “taking” a spot for another kid. I don’t buy it. Coaches need to win to keep job. To win, you play best players. You want to be best, work harder than anyone in the off season.  Talent helps, but hard work will persevere in most all cases. Guess I’m just from a simpler era.....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LoudenSwain said:

Bottom line to me is I keep hearing folks complain that these kids are “taking” a spot for another kid. I don’t buy it. Coaches need to win to keep job. To win, you play best players. You want to be best, work harder than anyone in the off season.  Talent helps, but hard work will persevere in most all cases. Guess I’m just from a simpler era.....

Couldn't agree more. From a time where the best players play, regardless of all the other extra nonsense. If you "wait your turn" and still aren't the best.. then keep on waiting IMO. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LoudenSwain said:

Absolutely! Unfortunately parents nowadays cuddle way to much. My kid doesn’t get in or a coach says something he/she doesn’t like, I tell them to work harder! Get off your butt and put more work in. Oh there’s a transfer from another state what to do?? Out work them. Take it to them at practice. Stop making excuses. 

• Like 2