DeSales - 2021 Schedule

Aug 20 vs. Central Hardin
Aug 27 at North Hardin
Sep 3 vs. Meade County
Sep 10 at Ryle
Sep 17 vs. Pleasure Ridge Park
Sep 24 vs. Henry County (District)
Oct 1 at Fern Creek
Oct 8 at Christian Academy Louisville (District)
Oct 15 vs. Western Hills (District)
Oct 22 at Mercer County (District)
Oct 29 - BYE

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

They would like to have a new coach in place by November, and don't want to interfere with any other teams season by naming coach before then, and will push back hiring if coach's team still playing.

Makes sense. They are doing the right thing. DeSales is a very good job - waiting until this season ends will make your candidate pool much larger. Just have to ride this season out.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Makes sense. They are doing the right thing. DeSales is a very good job - waiting until this season ends will make your candidate pool much larger. Just have to ride this season out.  

Agree on DeSales being a good job BUT with numbers down in the program they can’t afford to wait too long as kids want to know who they will be playing for.

DeSales should do what’s right for DeSales.

Just now, Falcon Pride said:

Agree on DeSales being a good job BUT with numbers down in the program they can’t afford to wait too long as kids want to know who they will be playing for.

DeSales should do what’s right for DeSales.

Numbers down and allegedly Coach Davis not happy with DeSales for whatever reasons.  In short, this coaching search/hire could make or break DeSales for a long time to come. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

Numbers down and allegedly Coach Davis not happy with DeSales for whatever reasons.  In short, this coaching search/hire could make or break DeSales for a long time to come. 

Totally agree Guru.

Thats why they need to make the best decision for DeSales and in my opinion waiting is NOT the best option.

Bellarmine didn’t wait when they hired Coach Davis away from them. Start now, find your coach and let him/her get a head start on getting acclimated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falcon Pride said:

Totally agree Guru.

Thats why they need to make the best decision for DeSales and in my opinion waiting is NOT the best option.

Bellarmine didn’t wait when they hired Coach Davis away from them. Start now, find your coach and let him/her get a head start on getting acclimated.

I am conflicted here trying to think what I believe is best for DeSales.  You have to figure everyone that is going to DeSales is pretty much locked in at this point and with that in mind you have to cross your fingers and hope for the best this season while letting everyone know as soon as the season ends the job is open.  Ultimately I think that will get DeSales the most quality candidates unless they have a terrible year and/or Coach Davis decides to share the rest of the story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I am conflicted here trying to think what I believe is best for DeSales.  You have to figure everyone that is going to DeSales is pretty much locked in at this point and with that in mind you have to cross your fingers and hope for the best this season while letting everyone know as soon as the season ends the job is open.  Ultimately I think that will get DeSales the most quality candidates unless they have a terrible year and/or Coach Davis decides to share the rest of the story.

Guru,

I am speaking about next years incoming kids.

This season will be over in mid November for most teams. The hiring process takes some time as there will be many applicants.
Typically the HS placement test is in early November. Kids and their parents want to see/meet/know the coach before making that choice.

There is also the aspect of who is going to be representing DeSales at local youth league games. It’s a part of the fabric of CSAA football that local High Schools have their eyes open for talent.

• Thanks 1