Danville - 2021 Schedule

Paul Dean

34 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Is Danville/Johnson Central still happening? The game has been removed from the KHSAA website and Johnson Central is scheduling what appears to be an out-of-state opponent on September 17.

Also, out of curiosity, might Danville be replacing Johnson Central with Corbin? Danville and Corbin have played often throughout the years and had a two-game series a few years back. The Redhounds had their opening game with Rhea County (TN) canceled and now have either August 20 or September 24 open. Danville is also now open on September 24. Just trying to put pieces together.

Or maybe Breathitt County as CWB tweeted. 

CD8126C8-60CA-4113-90B0-4C79AE3ABCAA.jpeg

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Ooof...they dropped Johnson Central to play...Atherton?

To be fair their remaining schedule (and district) is really strong. This is just a pairing that is historically unexpected. 

8 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Ooof...they dropped Johnson Central to play...Atherton?

7 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

To be fair their remaining schedule (and district) is really strong. This is just a pairing that is historically unexpected. 

Yeah...but...Atherton? I just checked that KHSAA Scoreboard, which goes back to 1998. Atherton doesn't have a single winning season on the Scoreboard. Think about that. That means even if Atherton had a winning record the year immediately prior, well, Barry Sanders was still playing in the NFL the last time they had a winning record at Atherton.

It sounds to me like the mighty Ads are not feeling very mighty this year.

13 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Yeah...but...Atherton? I just checked that KHSAA Scoreboard, which goes back to 1998. Atherton doesn't have a single winning season on the Scoreboard. Think about that. That means even if Atherton had a winning record the year immediately prior, well, Barry Sanders was still playing in the NFL the last time they had a winning record at Atherton.

It sounds to me like the mighty Ads are not feeling very mighty this year.

I’m choosing to look at it as a win-win for both teams.  Danville does have a tough schedule for a rebuilding program so this could a confidence booster for their kids.  On the other hand, the kids from Atherton have probably never had a chance to play in a Friday night environment like they will going to Danville, so it’s a good experience for them.  That’s my take on it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I’m choosing to look at it as a win-win for both teams.  Danville does have a tough schedule for a rebuilding program so this could a confidence booster for their kids.  On the other hand, the kids from Atherton have probably never had a chance to play in a Friday night environment like they will going to Danville, so it’s a good experience for them.  That’s my take on it.

That's definitely a fair "glass half full" way of looking at it.

3 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Definitely good experience for Atherton kids. 

• 1 month later...

Aug 20 vs. Garrard County 23-20 WIN
Aug 27 vs. Lincoln County 13-7 WIN
Sep 3 at Boyle County (0-0; COVID Cancellation)
Sep 10 at Mercer County (0-0; COVID Cancellation)
Sep 17 vs. Atherton (1-0 WIN; COVID Cancellation)
Sep 24 - BYE
Oct 1 vs. Bullitt East
Oct 8 at Somerset (District)
Oct 15 vs. Washington County (District)
Oct 22 at Lexington Christian Academy (District)
Oct 29 at Whitley County

With Atherton cancelling for this Friday's game due to COVID protocol, that puts Danville in a situation where they're potentially looking at four straight weeks without a game. The Ads NEED to make a game happen...for this week and next both.

• Sad 1