Elizabethtown 64 Bowling Green 36

Watched this whole game and Etown's man to man pressure gave BG lots of issue. Also the ability Etown has with 5 guards to get in the lane and kick to shooters is very tough to defend, their quickness and speed is elite as well. 

• Like 2

Bowling Green has had some trouble getting going early in some of their recent games. Unlike those games, Elizabethtown did not yield in the second quarter (or any of them). It happens, even to the best teams. They honestly need games like this to push them. 

• Like 1

It seems that we're seeing more top-level teams taking the occasional beating this year.   Not just a loss; a behind-the-woodshed kind of shellacking.  In the past, I would have highlighted such a score as a serious mark against the losing team, with the rationale being that top-tier teams aren't truly top-tier if they can't be consistently competitive with other top-tier clubs.

This year, I'm beginning to think that perhaps this is, to a large degree, the result of the abbreviated COVID schedule....teams simply are at this point of the season without all the benefits of a traditional off-season and many practices.   Even the teams that are performing well most of the team, simply haven't achieved the level of consistency and performance that they normally would have at this time of the year.

I'm certainly not inclined to think that BG isn't a Top 10 team.   But this may have convinced me that - at least for now - Elizabethtown is definitely a better team.

CM

• Like 3

I wasn't able watch all of this one, but from what I gathered the game was pretty close in the first quarter (maybe a 1 point game) and then Etown just took control, turning BG over multiple times and at the half I think Etown was up about 14 points.  BG tried to fight back in the 3rd Quarter, but just didnt have another gear on this night.

I want to give all the credit to Etown, as they played outstanding and deserved to win the game.

But from a BG perspective, I just felt this was the culmination of "Covid-ly" ramping up the schedule and hitting a wall.  This was the 8th game in 16 days for BG.  They have played a total of 12 games and this was the 10th on the road.  The night before they played a medium, medium low South Warren team that really played them physically and I think it took BGs legs this second game in 2 days.

Like @DragonFire said, this is a game they need to push them.  It will make them better IMO.

Well done Etown; Carry on Purples!!!