Arkansas 81 Kentucky 80

16thBBall Fan

2 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

If your going to OAD you better get the best of the best. CAL hasn’t been in years and this is what’s going to happen. I’m not knocking the kid, but someone definitely over valued him coming out of high school. No way kids like him should bolt for the draft but they will especially if playing at KY.

You act like UK is the only school who has kids leave early when they shouldn’t. There you go again with acting like previous years before this year have been horrible since 2015. When that simply is not true at all. It took the eventual National Champs making a last second shot to beat UK on 2017 in the elite 8. UK also literally one shot away from final four in 2019 too. Then last years team was a team that was a team that literally had all the ingredients you usually see in a team that makes a final four type run. Yet some of you all want to continue to act like it has been horrible since 2015. 

This year has no doubt been horrible. Which I even admit years like this shouldn’t ever happen and better never happen again. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Yes and looks even worse especially with Cal calling the timeout right before the FT.

I didn’t even mention that part.  I’d honestly love for one game this year to walk away thinking “Cal out-coached” that guy.  Basically, what Barnes did to him last week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

You act like UK is the only school who has kids leave early when they shouldn’t. There you go again with acting like previous years before this year have been horrible since 2015. When that simply is not true at all. It took the eventual National Champs making a last second shot to beat UK on 2017 in the elite 8. UK also literally one shot away from final four in 2019 too. Then last years team was a team that was a team that literally had all the ingredients you usually see in a team that makes a final four type run. Yet some of you all want to continue to act like it has been horrible since 2015. 

This year has no doubt been horrible. Which I even admit years like this shouldn’t ever happen and better never happen again. 

You know how I’ve been feuding with you for years accusing Cal of being “superstar dependent?”  This year makes it look like he’s “good player” dependent.  I’m hoping this is an anomaly, pure aberration, like you’ve been saying. 

On Allen,  sometimes he gets yanked because he doesn't even do what he's supposed to do shooting the ball. If you are a shooter, be ready to shoot when the ball hit your hands and you have a good look. I specifically remember one play in the game where Allen passed up the shot and I could hear Cal yelling, "SHOOT THE BALL!".

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

I didn’t even mention that part.  I’d honestly love for one game this year to walk away thinking “Cal out-coached” that guy.  Basically, what Barnes did to him last week.

I thought Calipari did a good job coaching/motivating his team yesterday. People act like coaching doesn't include getting your guys up for games when seven games below .500. I was more impressed with that than anything else. If we are going to slam Calipari for every thing that happens on a court, you have to give him equal credit for getting Sarr going with the pick and roll and setup to Mintz giving UK the lead with 30 seconds to go. Can't have it both ways.

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

I thought Calipari did a good job coaching/motivating his team yesterday. People act like coaching doesn't include getting your guys up for games when seven games below .500. I was more impressed with that than anything else. If we are going to slam Calipari for every thing that happens on a court, you have to give him equal credit for getting Sarr going with the pick and roll and setup to Mintz giving UK the lead with 30 seconds to go. Can't have it both ways.

Take away the final play going for the win and it wasn’t too bad.

7 hours ago, John Anthony said:

You know how I’ve been feuding with you for years accusing Cal of being “superstar dependent?”  This year makes it look like he’s “good player” dependent.  I’m hoping this is an anomaly, pure aberration, like you’ve been saying. 

Well considering he made UMass better than it ever was before even Camby. Then how they sucked again after he left. How he took over Memphis and turned them around consistently even before Rose. I would say his track record still goes against everything you say about him. 

Some of you all act like he only has ever been a coach here at UK. When In fact his success at little old Umass got him a NBA Head Coach Job. His success at Memphis ended up getting him the job at UK. So all these coaches people talk about wanting instead of Cal and saying they are a better coach. Don’t forget he also was having success at programs before UK, and in some case even more success than some of these other coaches long before he ever came to UK. I truly believe some of you all really have forgot he had plenty of success long before UK and one and done. 

2 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Call needs to calm down during the games and not scream GO, SHOOT, REBOUND. He has to make this young team nervous and is basically telling them how to play the game as it’s unfolding.

Well considering this last game was literally the most energy he has used on the sidelines all year, and it ended up being one of the best games they played. I would say him literally having to tell them what to do and how to play, actually seemed to work. 

• Confused 1