Big night tonight for games in the Northern Kentucky area

St Henry at Beechwood

Newport Central Catholic at Bishop Brossart

Simon Kenton at Campbell County 

Highlands at Cooper

Dixie at Lloyd

Conner at Scott

Grant County at Walton Verona

I’ve not searched deep to see if there have been any cancellations. 

Most of these games will be broadcasted one way or another, audio or video. 

I’ll be up all night, or play catch up tomorrow morning, but there’s so many interesting matchups here that have me salivating. 

St. Henry at Beechwood - Here we get to see just how close these two teams are, and if Beechwood really can stay with a St. Henry team that has been growing in leaps and bounds with their team chemistry, relentless defence, and phenomenal play from their 10 senior heavy roster. On the other hand, while not terrible, Beechwooed, even in their wins haven’t been looking too inspired, but perhaps a game like this will change all of that. I’d say that it better. If this game doesn’t make a team rise to the occasion, nothing will, and I really think we’re going to see a barn burner in this one. 

Newport Central Catholic at Bishop Brossart - When has this never been an awesomely intense game? ‘Nuff said.

Simon Kenton at Campbell County - Sounds like the makings a good game, and I don’t care who they play, any chance to see what Kelly Niece does is worth the price of admission...well free of course online now that we’re not allowed to attend the games in person. Both teams are competitive and I expect a good one here, but I have a hunch that SK will have a bit of an edge going into this one, but it is a Campbell County so home court advantage with 10 Region refs can’t hurt. 

Highlands at Cooper - On paper it looks like it’s the Bluebirds game to lose, but Cooper has been stepping up lately and beginning to gel a little, and they’re beginning to get more from their reliable focus players such as Rabe for example who has been really stepping up. Sully doesn’t give up on making his guys grow. This game is at Cooper, and while I still sorta believe that Highlands will win, I think that the Jags will give them one hell of a game. 

Dixie at Lloyd - Ok I think Dixie has solidly established themselves as a serious 9th region contender, and it’s no hype...they’re a good team. Lloyd, while they struggle to find the basket from beyond the arc still have some incredible players showing good team chemistry with their quickness and snappy passing. Dixe has shooters though and that’s going to be the difference. It’s an important district game, and while I’m sorta impressed by Lloyd for their never say die approach, I still see Dixie getting by them by at least 10-12  points.

Conner at Scott - Just like the SK @ Campbell Co game, I see a decently competitive game here that could go either way. I’d be surprised if it didn’t turn into a game with multiple lead changes and quadruple overtime. Well..that might be a stretch but I’m seeing a close one here. 

Grant County at Walton Verona - This should probably be a Walton win, but Grant County has proved to be a competitive team, so I expect a good first half before Walton starts to pull away and win by 15. Who knows, I could be way off in my thinking on this one. 

Anyhow, as long as there’s not a ton of cancellations, IMO there’s a lot of hot games in the Northern Kentucky area tonight with a good mix of 8th, 9th, and 10th Region teams. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, B-Ball-fan said:

St Henry at Beechwood

Highlands at Cooper

Dixie at Lloyd

Conner at Scott

I’ll be up all night, or play catch up tomorrow morning, but there’s so many interesting matchups here that have me salivating. 

St. Henry at Beechwood - Here we get to see just how close these two teams are, and if Beechwood really can stay with a St. Henry team that has been growing in leaps and bounds with their team chemistry, relentless defence, and phenomenal play from their 10 senior heavy roster. On the other hand, while not terrible, Beechwooed, even in their wins haven’t been looking too inspired, but perhaps a game like this will change all of that. I’d say that it better. If this game doesn’t make a team rise to the occasion, nothing will, and I really think we’re going to see a barn burner in this one. 

Newport Central Catholic at Bishop Brossart - When has this never been an awesomely intense game? ‘Nuff said.

Simon Kenton at Campbell County - Sounds like the makings a good game, and I don’t care who they play, any chance to see what Kelly Niece does is worth the price of admission...well free of course online now that we’re not allowed to attend the games in person. Both teams are competitive and I expect a good one here, but I have a hunch that SK will have a bit of an edge going into this one, but it is a Campbell County so home court advantage with 10 Region refs can’t hurt. 

Highlands at Cooper - On paper it looks like it’s the Bluebirds game to lose, but Cooper has been stepping up lately and beginning to gel a little, and they’re beginning to get more from their reliable focus players such as Rabe for example who has been really stepping up. Sully doesn’t give up on making his guys grow. This game is at Cooper, and while I still sorta believe that Highlands will win, I think that the Jags will give them one hell of a game. 

Dixie at Lloyd - Ok I think Dixie has solidly established themselves as a serious 9th region contender, and it’s no hype...they’re a good team. Lloyd, while they struggle to find the basket from beyond the arc still have some incredible players showing good team chemistry with their quickness and snappy passing. Dixe has shooters though and that’s going to be the difference. It’s an important district game, and while I’m sorta impressed by Lloyd for their never say die approach, I still see Dixie getting by them by at least 10-12  points.

Conner at Scott - Just like the SK @ Campbell Co game, I see a decently competitive game here that could go either way. I’d be surprised if it didn’t turn into a game with multiple lead changes and quadruple overtime. Well..that might be a stretch but I’m seeing a close one here. 

Grant County at Walton Verona - This should probably be a Walton win, but Grant County has proved to be a competitive team, so I expect a good first half before Walton starts to pull away and win by 15. Who knows, I could be way off in my thinking on this one. 

Anyhow, as long as there’s not a ton of cancellations, IMO there’s a lot of hot games in the Northern Kentucky area tonight with a good mix of 8th, 9th, and 10th Region teams. 

Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, B-Ball-fan said:

St Henry at Beechwood

Highlands at Cooper

Dixie at Lloyd

Conner at Scott

From the KHSAA statistics February 1st, Beechwood Tiger Defense is ranked 6th in the State of Ky for least amount of points given up per game.  Dixie is 50th and St.. Henry cannot be found on list.

I agree...game should be a barn burner.  Beechwood starts 5 Seniors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

Looking ahead Beechwood travels to Latonia on Friday to take on Holy Cross in a big 35th district seed game.

That there will certainly be a barn burner. Daggone I miss the packed gyms of a 35th district game. This is going to be a good one. 👍

4 hours ago, I gotta go to work said:

Always enjoy your enthusiasm @B-Ball Fan

Look forward to reading your post game thoughts on these matchups.

Thanks man...whew there's a lot to take in for sure. I hope I'm lucky enough to find video for most of them. Audio is fine, but my ideas flow better when I can see it with my own two eyes. It's gonna be a great night of basketball for sure. 

1 hour ago, PP1 said:

@B-Ball-fan

You have discussed the 8th, 9th, and 10th region. I think you should be the all encompassing Northern Kentucky Analyst.

Thanks @PP1 This time of the year is like Christmas everyday. For me there's nothing better than high school basketball in Northern Kentucky. With both the 8th and 10th region getting some of our old 9th Region teams it only makes me pay closer attention to those regions too. So glad during these crazy times to still be able to take in so many games, and wildly more than ever before.

13 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I just posted thread for the game with links to Beechwood's audio broadcast channel and their BoxCast livestream channel.

I hope they do audio, but they've not been completely consistent about it, so it's always a bit of a crap shoot. I'm having a panic attack because I don't know which game to watch or listen to first, and trying to watch 2 or 3 at the same time is just nuts.