Highlands 84 Ashland 75

Ashland cut the lead to 69-66 with 3 minutes to go but couldn’t get over the hump. Vinson of Highlands  is a heck of a player. Villars from Ashland is a good one too. 
I’m glad that Ashland didn’t quit. They got down double digits in the first half but played their way back in it. Just couldn’t come up with enough plays to pull it out. And Highlands smartly kept the ball in Vinson’s hands in the end and Ashland was forced to foul. He is deadly from the free throw line. He’s a very good player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was a fun game to watch! Ashland started the game slow but made a nice comeback late in second half.  I’m not a follower of either team but It looked to me like Highlands was in total control of this game from the coin flip! Highlands was the more complete team and Vinson when wanted to score, scored!

Region 9 is deep, Ashland will get another chance soon against Holy Cross, this should be another battle!

What a great game to open the basketball season!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Professor said:

Ashland cut the lead to 69-66 with 3 minutes to go but couldn’t get over the hump. Vinson of Highlands  is a heck of a player. Villars from Ashland is a good one too. 
I’m glad that Ashland didn’t quit. They got down double digits in the first half but played their way back in it. Just couldn’t come up with enough plays to pull it out. And Highlands smartly kept the ball in Vinson’s hands in the end and Ashland was forced to foul. He is deadly from the free throw line. He’s a very good player. 

Trying playing in that gym when its packed full. 

4 minutes ago, The Professor said:

He’ll be in the Mr. Basketball convo.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UCME said:

This was a fun game to watch! Ashland started the game slow but made a nice comeback late in second half.  I’m not a follower of either team but It looked to me like Highlands was in total control of this game from the coin flip! Highlands was the more complete team and Vinson when wanted to score, scored!

Region 9 is deep, Ashland will get another chance soon against Holy Cross, this should be another battle!

What a great game to open the basketball season!

Ashland has another trip back to NKY in Feb back to back nights, Cov Cath and Simon Kenton.  Gonna be hard to win either of those games for Ashland.

Just now, Brcatz said:

Ashland has another trip back to NKY in Feb back to back nights, Cov Cath and Simon Kenton.  Gonna be hard to win either of those games for Ashland.

I Didn’t now that!
If they leave NKY .500 It will be a success! 

Good for Ashland going where they will be challenged! Much respect!