Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ravens 47 Browns 42

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It was a general statement, one that could be made after virtually every Ravens game. He does need quality receivers. Not one guy he has would be a #1 or maybe even #2 option on most teams. You decided to take a shot at his passing, for whatever reason. 

Do you think the Ravens should consider signing AJ Green next year?

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It was a general statement, one that could be made after virtually every Ravens game. He does need quality receivers. Not one guy he has would be a #1 or maybe even #2 option on most teams. You decided to take a shot at his passing, for whatever reason. 

Truth is not a shot.  I root for Lamar and I never root for Baker. 

Lamar does need receivers but he needs to get better throwing the ball. I want that to happen as much as you do. I am a Lamar fan.

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Truth is not a shot.  I root for Lamar and I never root for Baker. 

Lamar does need receivers but he needs to get better throwing the ball. I want that to happen as much as you do. I am a Lamar fan.

I admit I haven't followed you on this topic, what is your Beef with Baker?

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

I admit I haven't followed you on this topic, what is your Beef with Baker?

He plays for the Browns and I don't like his schtick.

In addition, until recently I thought he was all talk and nothing backed it up. For the first time in his NFL career he is starting to play like a top draft pick.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

He plays for the Browns and I don't like his schtick.

A couple of his new commercials made me chuckle. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

A couple of his new commercials made me chuckle. 

I actually like the ad campaign he is in.

22 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Truth is not a shot.  I root for Lamar and I never root for Baker. 

Lamar does need receivers but he needs to get better throwing the ball. I want that to happen as much as you do. I am a Lamar fan.

He needs help at WR. He can improve on his passing. Both can be true. You seemed to take issue with the fact that I said he needed help?

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

He needs help at WR. He can improve on his passing. Both can be true. You seemed to take issue with the fact that I said he needed help?

Only to the extent that I thought you were disregarding Lamar's shortcomings throwing the ball.

27 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 And an equal number of people were very happy that the Ravens covered on a play like that. 

As I mentioned above, I never bet on anything so far be it for me to understand. But I think when they make the line they are trying to split the bettors so it's 50% on each side of the bet. They don't really care which way the bet goes. It always gets me when people get focused on something like that safety last night as if it was a "bad beat" when there are an equal number of people who think it was a fantastic win.

The problem in bettor's emotions is when a swing like that occurs on the last play of the game in the manner in which it did (a fluke play where a safety was scored after a bunch of laterals).

30 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Only to the extent that I thought you were disregarding Lamar's shortcomings throwing the ball.

I didn't disagree (and haven't ever) that he has work to do, so that was just an assumption on your part. 

  • Author
6 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Maybe one day Lamar will get some help. Until then...

Probably should have drafted DK Metcalf or AJ Brown instead of Marquise Brown.

But I agree.

 

  • Author

Mark Andrews is a very solid weapon at TE but doesn't matter much without solid WR weapons.

On 12/15/2020 at 1:38 PM, Voice of Reason said:

He plays for the Browns and I don't like his schtick.

In addition, until recently I thought he was all talk and nothing backed it up. For the first time in his NFL career he is starting to play like a top draft pick.

Actually, for the second time in his career.  He had a pretty good rookie campaign, especially when Hue Jackson was canned and Kenny Kitchens took over as play caller.  It led to a rookie record for passing TDs... 27 in only 13 games.  Mayfield's future looked bright at the end of that season.  

Things came off the rails the next year for Mayfield when Kitchens became the Head Coach.  Unfortunately for Kitchens and Cleveland, this was an example of the Peter Principle.  Kitchens was promoted beyond his level of competence.  

Enter Stefanski.  Mayfield's play has taken a step forward under Stefanski.  He's even stopped his "schtick", as VOR calls it.  Mayfield has played pretty well this season.  The offense has been able to move the ball and score points.  It is the defense that has let Cleveland down this season, sometimes against bad teams who don't have quite enough to beat them.  That has benefited Browns fans and Mayfield.  Stefanski has a lot of personnel to work with on offense and that has benefited Mayfield.  The line has improved immensely.  And Stefanski is smart.  He knows how to use his personnel and he is giving Baker every opportunity to do well.  Baker did enough to win against the Ravens... except for Lamar Jackson.  It took Magic to beat Cleveland Monday night.  

This is what Harbaugh said to Stefanski at mid-field at the end of the game: "That was one of the greatest games in history right there.  You  guys are awesome.  Maybe we'll see you in the playoffs, I think if we can win some games."  

Mayfield is a huge part of that, but he has something Jackson does not, a terrific supporting cast.  Is Baker Cleveland's answer at QB?  The jury is still out.  He has made tremendous strides this season.  But his first interception in 5 games came early in the game.  It was a boneheaded play, the kind he seems to make with some regularity.  One of my friends and a fellow Browns fan reacted on FB: "Worst QB IQ I've ever seen.  I don't care what he did last week (Ed.--against the Titans).  Put your big boy pants on and stop the happy feet."  

Is Mayfield the answer for Cleveland.  I don't know.  I do think Stefanski can win with Mayfield.  How far can they go in the post season?  Not sure.  But I think their defense has more to do with their limitations than Mayfield right now.  Mayfield is showing more of the same promise that he showed as a rookie.  

 

So are we ready to go Ewing Theory with Odell Beckham?

Mayfield has grown on me the last three weeks.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

So are we ready to go Ewing Theory with Odell Beckham?

Mayfield has grown on me the last three weeks.

There may be something to that.  The application of the theory would be: with Mayfield not always looking for OBJ, he is making better decisions resulting in positive yards instead of forcing throws to his star.  

But I also think more time in the saddle with Stefanski's offense and coaching can explain that.  Mayfield had zero live practice this offseason due to Covid.  The first game of the season against Baltimore was more of a dress rehearsal to see what they had.  Mayfield and the offense have steadily improved over the season.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.