Eddie Gran & Darin Hinshaw fired

John Anthony

Gran being conservative wasn’t my big gripe with him, it’s just too many just dumb, stupid play calls!!  Started with first game of the year at Auburn, you’re on the 6 inch line with a top 5 O line in the country and you call a roll out????  Changed the whole game and who knows what effect that had on the following??

13 hours ago, All State Baseball said:

It would take a lot to get Lincoln. I can't see him leaving Oklahoma for anything other than a bigger job, obviously any position at UK isn't that, that's why I said I couldn't see it happening. 

Why on earth would you even say Reilly’s name though? While you’re at it, might as well see if Nick Saban is interested in coaching the DBs and if Urban Meyer wants to come out of retirement to coach the WRs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrantNKY said:

UK must have money to burn.  According to the Herald-Leader they will owe Eddie Gran 2.3 million dollars, until or unless he takes another coaching job,  and why would they extend Hinshaw's contract back in July, only to fire him in December.  He has a nice chunk of change coming his way also.

I'm guessing Stoops was directed to fire these guys. 

1 hour ago, Mustang said:

UK must have money to burn.  According to the Herald-Leader they will owe Eddie Gran 2.3 million dollars, until or unless he takes another coaching job,  and why would they extend Hinshaw's contract back in July, only to fire him in December.  He has a nice chunk of change coming his way also.

Money is never a problem. Texas just offered Meyer a boatload while still owing Herman 15 million.

3 hours ago, Mustang said:

Gran will get another job somewhere. In the grand scheme of things it’s not that big of a deal. 

2 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Money is never a problem. Texas just offered Meyer a boatload while still owing Herman 15 million.

84mil over 7 years would have been so hard to turn down no matter how much money you have. I love that Meyer turned it down, but I don’t know if I would have done the same. But then again making a cool couple mil from Fox and working like 20 days a year would be a pretty damn good gig as well. Haha 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 3:44 PM, All State Baseball said:

I would love for UK to get Lincoln Riley don't see it happening though. 

Why in the world would the Head Coach of a very successful Power 5 school leave to be the offensive coordinator at an average P5 school?