Is there an option to play one additional game after a playoff loss?

Just now, Hardin County Preps said:

I thought I remember a discussion in one of the KHSAA meetings that approved football teams scheduling one additional game after losing in the playoffs? If this is the case, why aren't any teams jumping at the opportunity to play an additional game in this COIVD shortened season?

Ohio did that but considering we are in December who would want to do that?

I doubt we see anyone do it with the exception of maybe one caveat.

If a team had their Senior night taken away due to cancellation and/or a road playoff game that they lost... I could see some specific value in trying to schedule something if there is a team who also sees some type of value in playing one last game.

Would be a really nice gesture if two teams who lost their Senior Night could agree to split the admission passes 50/50 for family members only and do a joint Senior Night.

With KY's playoffs being later though, I think most schools are content just transitioning to basketball at this point.

I think teams were allowed to play another game if they didn’t qualify for the playoffs. I remember Floyd Central asking around for an opponent. But around that same time was when almost every county went red and the KHSAA pushed back the playoffs one week. No one played the extra game. And it was never an option for Kentucky teams that made the playoffs.