Upsets in regional finals

Tkinslow

Three to keep an eye on:

Hazard at Paintsville - The Tigers are one of the favorites in 1A and destroyed Hazard 54-0 in the regular season, but this Hazard is not that Hazard.

Walton-Verona at West Carter - The Comets are definitely the favorite here, but I have a feeling this one will be very competitive. I won't be surprised if the Comets win going away, but a WV win wouldn't surprise me either.

Corbin at Johnson Central - The Hounds are playing at a very high level right now, but this is Johnson Central. A Corbin win is definitely an upset, imo.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I guess based on the RPI numbers it would be an upset if Frederick Douglass wins at Southwestern.

That may be true on paper but the BGP poll has Douglass 18 to zero.  So I don't think it qualifies as an upset.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Belfry better not look past Bell County.

In a normal year and normal circumstances I like Belfry going away in this game.

The curveball of 2020 has resulted in Belfry only playing one game in the past four weeks and that game was against a Magoffin team who has quality skill talent, but absolutely zero physicality at the LOS.

Playing an entire month without someone on the other side competing against you at the line of scrimmage will be an adjustment.

If Belfry hold on to the ball they should be fine, but I definitely think Bell is well set-up to compete and make this tighter than most expect.