Highlands at Campbell County Predictions/Updates

theguru

Who wins?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 hour ago, theguru said:

This is one of those games where I think the "Highlands" on the jersey means something.  

Maybe but I don't know if that means anything right now. There's blood in the water and everyone wants to take a bite especially the Camels.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doubledee said:

Maybe but I don't know if that means anything right now. There's blood in the water and everyone wants to take a bite especially the Camels.

I struggle with it in my mind too but I think this is one of those games it does mean something. 

Just now, theguru said:

I struggle with it in my mind too but I think this is one of those games it does mean something. 

When I was young growing up in NKY and watched my older brothers, cousins and family friends take a beat down every year from the same team I dreamed of my time to avenge them. I only got my revenge one time in my 4 years but it was sweet. Now is the time for NKY to get their revenge for years of beat downs and being looked at like 2nd class teams. The dislike for the "Birds" runs deep in Campbell County and they won't forget it this weekend.

• Haha 1

Just now, Doubledee said:

When I was young growing up in NKY and watched my older brothers, cousins and family friends take a beat down every year from the same team I dreamed of my time to avenge them. I only got my revenge one time in my 4 years but it was sweet. Now is the time for NKY to get their revenge for years of beat downs and being looked at like 2nd class teams. The dislike for the "Birds" runs deep in Campbell County and they won't forget it this weekend.

We are in lockstep there but I also think the Birds are on notice.  Hopefully at many points in life we look hard at the man/woman in the mirror and decide who we want to be.

• Like 2

The Highlands name on the front of the jersey just means the opposing team wants to beat them.  There is no longer a an intimidation factor behind it.  As the father of a player, they are not intimidated by the fact that it is Highlands.  It's another game they want to win, but will feel a little better if they do win.

• Like 2