Jump to content

BluegrassPreps Class 2A Football Rankings (11/2) - Discussion


TheDeuce

Recommended Posts

Class 2A

Sometimes you just need a good plot twist. Last week delivered some mystery, drama, and cliff hanger style questions setting up the regular season finale and ultimately the playoffs. We start at the top where top-ranked Lexington Christian added an eleventh game that so happened to be the state's premier Class 1A team and made an emphatic statement that the Eagles are definitely the team to beat. District mate Somerset didn't fare so well. The Briarjumpers were out-classed and literally out-manned as injuries played a huge role in a thumping by Corbin. The biggest story though was star QB Kaiya Sheron being an addition to the injured and unavailable list in a twist that may have huge playoff impact.

Walton - Verona provided the biggest "hold on is that score correct?" moment by shocking the second ranked team in Class 1A Louisville Holy Cross. Hancock County's quest for perfection was interrupted by Larue County and they must center their focus to close out the District with dangerous McLean County remaining. Breathitt County also turned in an eye-opening performance by having their regular season winning streak come to a screeching halt at the hands of 3A Pike Central. The Bobcats need to regroup in a hurry because 1A Paintsville is desperate to stop a losing streak.

West Carter got their long awaited statement win by outlasting a ranked 3A Russell squad. The Comets seem to be playing well and will be a tough out for anyone. Perhaps know 2A team is as hot as Beechwood though. The Tigers trounced Newport Central Catholic and appear to be clicking on all cylinders in every aspect of the game. Murray also kept their dark horse status in tact by winning easily over upstart Calloway County.

1. Lexington Christian Academy  -- OPEN

2. Beechwood -- OPEN

3. Somerset -- OPEN

4. Mayfield at 1A Fulton County

5. Danville at Washington County

6. West Carter  -- OPEN

7. Murray -- OPEN

8. Caldwell County at 5A Christian County

9. Breathitt County at 1A # Paintsville

10. Hancock County at McLean County

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

I do not have any say in the rankings but I am curious which teams you would rank above the Ads that are not already above them?

I also would rank West Carter above Danville. Splitting hairs to an extent, but I think West Carter has earned the nod. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

I also would rank West Carter above Danville. Splitting hairs to an extent, but I think West Carter has earned the nod. 

I think there’s probably an association connection here. West Carter got beat handily by Paintsville, who got beat by Raceland, who lost a close game to Danville. Realistically the difference between Danville and West Carter is minimal and both have a fair argument for the spot in the rankings. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pacman69 said:

I would argue West Carter. 

 

1 hour ago, BrosefStalin said:

I also would rank West Carter above Danville. Splitting hairs to an extent, but I think West Carter has earned the nod. 

 Danville has 2 losses, Somerset and a 4 point loss to LCA.

West Carter lost by 3 touchdowns to Paintsville.

The 2 teams are comparable on quality wins but strength of schedule favors Danville big time.  I think the gap between the 2 is actually bigger than one slot in the rankings.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I think there’s probably an association connection here. West Carter got beat handily by Paintsville, who got beat by Raceland, who lost a close game to Danville. Realistically the difference between Danville and West Carter is minimal and both have a fair argument for the spot in the rankings. 

My deciding factor would be West Carter beating a very good 3A Russell team this week and Danville being tested at home by a so-so 1A Raceland team...

That said, I agree with you...hair splitting. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

My deciding factor would be West Carter beating a very good 3A Russell team this week and Danville being tested at home by a so-so 1A Raceland team...

That said, I agree with you...hair splitting. 

Danville counters that with their win over 4A #7 Wayne County, arguably a better win than West Carter over Russell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I think there’s probably an association connection here. West Carter got beat handily by Paintsville, who got beat by Raceland, who lost a close game to Danville. Realistically the difference between Danville and West Carter is minimal and both have a fair argument for the spot in the rankings. 

The Paintsville team Raceland beat is not the same team West Carter played. West Carter also went to Paintsville and Raceland played Paintsville at home. Big difference there. Paintsville was missing big players whenever they played Raceland and LCC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 

 Danville has 2 losses, Somerset and a 4 point loss to LCA.

West Carter lost by 3 touchdowns to Paintsville.

The 2 teams are comparable on quality wins but strength of schedule favors Danville big time.  I think the gap between the 2 is actually bigger than one slot in the rankings.

 

Somerset beat Danville down (no shame in that). LCA beat Danville at Danville by 4 without Xavier Brown. Drew Nieves also only played the 2nd half against Danville.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Danville counters that with their win over 4A #7 Wayne County, arguably a better win than West Carter over Russell.

Beating Russell at Russell is a better win than beating Wayne County at home in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update:

 

1. Lexington Christian Academy  -- OPEN

2. Beechwood -- OPEN

3. Somerset -- OPEN

4. Mayfield at 1A Fulton County

5. Danville at Washington County CANCELED

6. West Carter  -- OPEN

7. Murray -- OPEN

8. Caldwell County at 5A Christian County 

9. Breathitt County at 1A # Paintsville 

10. Hancock County at McLean County 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.