Browns 37 Bengals 34

I am not on the fire Zac Taylor bandwagon at all. He’s succeeding at what he’s supposed to be good at. The offense looks great and despite our gripes, the offensive line is improving and they are doing things offensively to take pressure off the line. But now is the time to grow up and get rid of Lou Anarumo. It’s clear he doesn’t know what he’s doing. We have players on defense who are vocally frustrated and the defense is clearly not being set up in a position to be successful. 

23 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Of course not. He’s terrible. 

I think he’s an idiot, either that or he’s got the dumbest players to ever put on a uniform!!

Oh well, Burrow is elite and just too much fun to watch, he’s so smart it’s unreal and that will only get better!!  Boyd is one of the top slots in the NFL, Tee is already good and going to be really, really good, AJ looks better, (although he did drop another TD pass today), Thomas shows some promise, Sample keeps getting better, Mixon and Bernard are tough, the O line continues to give me some hope!!

We have ONE player on D and that’s Bates, just continues to blow my mind watching them. 
Where’s VOR today??

29 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

I am not on the fire Zac Taylor bandwagon at all. He’s succeeding at what he’s supposed to be good at. The offense looks great and despite our gripes, the offensive line is improving and they are doing things offensively to take pressure off the line. But now is the time to grow up and get rid of Lou Anarumo. It’s clear he doesn’t know what he’s doing. We have players on defense who are vocally frustrated and the defense is clearly not being set up in a position to be successful. 

I’m with you on that, I think Taylor is getting better, he’s designed some really good things!!  Lou HAS to go, AND some guys in the locker room with him!!

Man Carlos Dunlap has got to go. Appreciate his service to our team and especially his service to the Cincinnati community, but he’s become a cancer in the locker room. He needs to be cut ASAP. Can’t have guys like that in the locker room. 

Just now, 16thBBall Fan said:

Some good stuff on Twitter from Boyd and Bernard on Dunlap, from those 2 it doesn’t sound like Taylor has lost the locker room as some have said.  Carlos has played so well this year he should be griping, LOL!!!

I think Taylor has the locker room. You can see it on offense. You can see the enthusiasm everyone on offense is playing with right now and as much as we get frustrated with the offensive line, they are getting better week by week. The defense is just aging on d line and it seems there are players out there that simply aren’t buying in. Particularly Dunlap and Atkins. Time to let them go and move on. Taylor and company are building something here and despite the frustrations we all have with Lou Anarumo, you can’t air out dirty laundry publicly. 

9 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

I think Taylor has the locker room. You can see it on offense. You can see the enthusiasm everyone on offense is playing with right now and as much as we get frustrated with the offensive line, they are getting better week by week. The defense is just aging on d line and it seems there are players out there that simply aren’t buying in. Particularly Dunlap and Atkins. Time to let them go and move on. Taylor and company are building something here and despite the frustrations we all have with Lou Anarumo, you can’t air out dirty laundry publicly. 

Agree completely, this team is ssssoooo close to being really good, I really think they’re going to get there with Burrow and a few more players on D, along with getting rid of Lou!!  I’m probably as excited as I’ve been since Palmer and then back in the 80’s with Anderson and Boomer!! Even with all the talent they had I never really thought Andy could get them to the SB. I really believe if Burrow was QB during those years we would’ve won a SB, I think he’s that good!!

Word is Spain is on his way to Cincinnati to maybe sign with the Bengs!!  Here’s a good game stat for everyone:

Tackles Today - Tyler Boyd - 1,  Carlos Dunlap - 0

Boyd was credited with the tackle on the end zone int!!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Agree completely, this team is ssssoooo close to being really good, I really think they’re going to get there with Burrow and a few more players on D, along with getting rid of Lou!!  I’m probably as excited as I’ve been since Palmer and then back in the 80’s with Anderson and Boomer!! Even with all the talent they had I never really thought Andy could get them to the SB. I really believe if Burrow was QB during those years we would’ve won a SB, I think he’s that good!!

Word is Spain is on his way to Cincinnati to maybe sign with the Bengs!!  Here’s a good game stat for everyone:

Tackles Today - Tyler Boyd - 1,  Carlos Dunlap - 0

Boyd was credited with the tackle on the end zone int!!!!

Great points. 1) Changes on D need to be made starting with Lou. We have good pieces on the D line when healthy with Reader, Lawson, and Hubbard. Just missing that elite guy off the edge. The secondary outside of Bates haven’t really been healthy so it’s hard to evaluate. Either way the defense would definitely be better in the back end with WJ3, Waynes, Bell, and Bates than it is right now. If we have WJ3 today it’s likely a different outcome. We aren’t that far off, like you said, the culture and chemistry they are building is evident. Just need to cut the fat and right now that’s definitely Lou and the aging members of the DL. 

Three times that I can remember this season the Bengals have called a timeout on defense at the end of a half or game with the opponent in the red zone. Two out of those three times the Bengals gave up the go ahead TD on the play after the timeout. What ever Lou said during those timeouts is not working. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Three times that I can remember this season the Bengals have called a timeout on defense at the end of a half or game with the opponent in the red zone. Two out of those three times the Bengals gave up the go ahead TD on the play after the timeout. What ever Lou said during those timeouts is not working. 

I’m with you on this!!  Not much of what he’s saying at any other point in the game is working either!

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Yeah, unless you see something terribly wrong (only 10 guys out there, etc.), I'm in the mindset of make the offense work for it on the fly.  Don't give them a chance to regroup and catch their breath.  

This morning, I really wish we were talking about that spectacular game winning Hail Mary at the end of the game (that didn't happen).  Tee did his job by creating a tip situation.  The ball just didn't bounce in the right direction to another Bengal.  If that had been completed, we would have very little "Baker talk".