KHSAA Meeting- 9/16/20

Tigerpride94

3 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

KHSAA meeting going on now. I wonder which schools disregarding rules? I did see a pic of a school with packed stands.

The statement Frakes is tweeting about is made by Tackett at the 35:31 minute mark in the video linked in the second post. The full statement is:

"...we already have a couple of schools - systems  - that are, I would say, in danger of getting a letter from us that recommends they not hold any competitions. They are totally ignoring any of the guidance. We have more than one report about a couple of schools in south-central Kentucky that are not requiring masks. Matter of fact, their AD is greeting teams without a mask on there's just, just an almost ambivalence to the fact - a total neglect of the fact that there's even a problem.

And remember our commitment was to honor Bylaw 27, and that was part of the reason we got to get going. When we see things like this, we're gonna use step-wise protocol: 'Okay, you get a chance to address it. Then we'll address it.'

What we don't want to do is get to the point where we feel like...from here, we can't get to the point where we [the KHSAA] feel like from here, we're monitoring all 280 . We've just got to put the steps in place where they can monitor themselves.

But we do have a couple [of programs] that are already - and I mean, in all sports - just...at least one that we know of that's challenging it. We also have a very difficult report that we started working on when we got it yesterday from two different people where we may have had a positive test for COVID, know to a coach, who allowed a player to continue to practice. Held him out of a game, but allowed him to continue practicing, potentially jeopardizing not only everybody in that contest - err, in that team, but the others in that contest if there was transmission. And if that occurred, we've reached out and not yet heard back from the superintendent of schools. We're trying to get ahold of the board chair. We want to really make sure they understand that this is not playing with...they're jeopardizing everybody's season."

• Like 1