KHSAA Meeting- 9/16/20

Tigerpride94

1 hour ago, mcpapa said:

So...are cheerleaders non-essential?

45 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

Dear lord that has blown up all over social media today.

Tackett said he anticipated people blowing up over that before he made his statement. And he also said that he was knowingly making that statement with the context of being married to a former cheerleading league president.

For the record, I totally agree with Tackett. It's a football game that cheerleaders cheer for. It's not a cheerleading competition that football teams play for. And besides, cheerleaders have umpteen cheerleading competitions throughout the year, and a whole (potential) basketball season to cheer for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Tackett said he anticipated people blowing up over that before he made his statement. And he also said that he was knowingly making that statement with the context of being married to a former cheerleading league president.

For the record, I totally agree with Tackett. It's a football game that cheerleaders cheer for. It's not a cheerleading competition that football teams play for. And besides, cheerleaders have umpteen cheerleading competitions throughout the year, and a whole (potential) basketball season to cheer for.

Agree on all points. I would feel different if there weren’t cheerleading competitions. But that’s what cheerleading is now - competitive events. And that’s fine. What it isn’t is cheering for the quarterback then heading for a chocolate malt afterwards. It isn’t the 1950s anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1