Bengals at Browns Predictions/Updates

theguru

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

I see the Browns are about a 6 point favorite.  I know it is in Cleveland but I see that as a total vote of no confidence in the Bengals.  I am going with the Bengals by a touchdown.  What do you think?

I would like to hear what @oldgrappler has to say.

I tend to agree.  I think Burrow is going to light it up on the big stage.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nkypete said:

I know people want to make this game about Joe vs Baker, but I think it is more likely going to be Chubb and Hunt vs Mixon.  Mixon gained over 300 yards in two games against the Browns last season.  The Browns defense was horrible last week.  The Bengals will come out and hand the ball to Mixon.  If the Browns can't stop him he will keep getting the ball and rack up the yards and seal the victory for Cincinnati.  While the Browns D is looking for Mixon, Burrows may have a couple of good throws off of the play-action pass and everyone will tout the rookie Qb, but it will be the RB that sets it up.  

However, the Browns aren't going to lay down on command (these dawgs missed obedience training).  The defense was horrible last week, but it was against the #1 team in the AFC North and Lamar Jackson.  The Bengals are not the Ravens.  So, this game will be closer.  Stefanski's offense in Minnesota was based off a solid run game and throwing to his TEs.  Chubb and Hunt had 79 yards on just 12 carries in the first half.  And Mayfield completed 5 of 6 throws to three different TEs.  They were down 24-6 at half (remember how lousy the defense was).  The Browns started the second half by passing on 8 of their first 10 offensive plays.  Six of those throws were to Odell Beckham.  That is not the winning formula.  Run, throw to the TE, and then look for a WR down field off a play-action fake.  That is what brought Stefanski's offense success in Minnesota.  

Key for the Browns is to hold Mixon to less than 100 yards or a few more.  This will force Burrows to have to play well.  The defense should look better against the Bengals than it did trying to contain Jackson.  

On offense, the Browns need to control the ball with the run and short passes.  Success there will open up the field for Mayfield and his outside talent.  

I am picking the Browns to win this by a score of 24-17.  Mixon may get 100 yards, but hopefully, not much more (from the perspective of a Browns fan).  

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2020 at 9:53 AM, oldgrappler said:

I know people want to make this game about Joe vs Baker, but I think it is more likely going to be Chubb and Hunt vs Mixon.  Mixon gained over 300 yards in two games against the Browns last season.  The Browns defense was horrible last week.  The Bengals will come out and hand the ball to Mixon.  If the Browns can't stop him he will keep getting the ball and rack up the yards and seal the victory for Cincinnati.  While the Browns D is looking for Mixon, Burrows may have a couple of good throws off of the play-action pass and everyone will tout the rookie Qb, but it will be the RB that sets it up.  

However, the Browns aren't going to lay down on command (these dawgs missed obedience training).  The defense was horrible last week, but it was against the #1 team in the AFC North and Lamar Jackson.  The Bengals are not the Ravens.  So, this game will be closer.  Stefanski's offense in Minnesota was based off a solid run game and throwing to his TEs.  Chubb and Hunt had 79 yards on just 12 carries in the first half.  And Mayfield completed 5 of 6 throws to three different TEs.  They were down 24-6 at half (remember how lousy the defense was).  The Browns started the second half by passing on 8 of their first 10 offensive plays.  Six of those throws were to Odell Beckham.  That is not the winning formula.  Run, throw to the TE, and then look for a WR down field off a play-action fake.  That is what brought Stefanski's offense success in Minnesota.  

Key for the Browns is to hold Mixon to less than 100 yards or a few more.  This will force Burrows to have to play well.  The defense should look better against the Bengals than it did trying to contain Jackson.  

On offense, the Browns need to control the ball with the run and short passes.  Success there will open up the field for Mayfield and his outside talent.  

I am picking the Browns to win this by a score of 24-17.  Mixon may get 100 yards, but hopefully, not much more (from the perspective of a Browns fan).  

I agree Mixon is a beast but I think the key will be for the Browns to put pressure on Burrow. 

I can't wait for the game tonight!!

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 1:59 PM, nkypete said:

Guys, this kid reminds me so much of Joe Montana when he first came into the league, give him some time, put a few more pieces around him on both sides of the ball and he’ll take us back to the SB, I really believe that!!

• Like 2