Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals at Browns Predictions/Updates

Featured Replies

I see the Browns are about a 6 point favorite.  I know it is in Cleveland but I see that as a total vote of no confidence in the Bengals.  I am going with the Bengals by a touchdown.  What do you think?

I would like to hear what @oldgrappler has to say.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, theguru said:

I see the Browns are about a 6 point favorite.  I know it is in Cleveland but I see that as a total vote of no confidence in the Bengals.  I am going with the Bengals by a touchdown.  What do you think?

I would like to hear what @oldgrappler has to say.

I tend to agree.  I think Burrow is going to light it up on the big stage.

I'll take the Bengals. Joe is better than Baker. 

Joe lights the river on fire in Cleveland. 

Based on week 1, it should be the Bengals in a walk.

I think that this will be a closer game than expected though...with the Bengals pulling it out on another Burrow winning drive. (Yes he gets credit in my eyes for leading one last week)

19 hours ago, nkypete said:

I tend to agree.  I think Burrow is going to light it up on the big stage.

I know people want to make this game about Joe vs Baker, but I think it is more likely going to be Chubb and Hunt vs Mixon.  Mixon gained over 300 yards in two games against the Browns last season.  The Browns defense was horrible last week.  The Bengals will come out and hand the ball to Mixon.  If the Browns can't stop him he will keep getting the ball and rack up the yards and seal the victory for Cincinnati.  While the Browns D is looking for Mixon, Burrows may have a couple of good throws off of the play-action pass and everyone will tout the rookie Qb, but it will be the RB that sets it up.  

 

However, the Browns aren't going to lay down on command (these dawgs missed obedience training).  The defense was horrible last week, but it was against the #1 team in the AFC North and Lamar Jackson.  The Bengals are not the Ravens.  So, this game will be closer.  Stefanski's offense in Minnesota was based off a solid run game and throwing to his TEs.  Chubb and Hunt had 79 yards on just 12 carries in the first half.  And Mayfield completed 5 of 6 throws to three different TEs.  They were down 24-6 at half (remember how lousy the defense was).  The Browns started the second half by passing on 8 of their first 10 offensive plays.  Six of those throws were to Odell Beckham.  That is not the winning formula.  Run, throw to the TE, and then look for a WR down field off a play-action fake.  That is what brought Stefanski's offense success in Minnesota.  

Key for the Browns is to hold Mixon to less than 100 yards or a few more.  This will force Burrows to have to play well.  The defense should look better against the Bengals than it did trying to contain Jackson.  

On offense, the Browns need to control the ball with the run and short passes.  Success there will open up the field for Mayfield and his outside talent.  

I am picking the Browns to win this by a score of 24-17.  Mixon may get 100 yards, but hopefully, not much more (from the perspective of a Browns fan).  

 

  • Author
On 9/16/2020 at 9:53 AM, oldgrappler said:

I know people want to make this game about Joe vs Baker, but I think it is more likely going to be Chubb and Hunt vs Mixon.  Mixon gained over 300 yards in two games against the Browns last season.  The Browns defense was horrible last week.  The Bengals will come out and hand the ball to Mixon.  If the Browns can't stop him he will keep getting the ball and rack up the yards and seal the victory for Cincinnati.  While the Browns D is looking for Mixon, Burrows may have a couple of good throws off of the play-action pass and everyone will tout the rookie Qb, but it will be the RB that sets it up.  

 

However, the Browns aren't going to lay down on command (these dawgs missed obedience training).  The defense was horrible last week, but it was against the #1 team in the AFC North and Lamar Jackson.  The Bengals are not the Ravens.  So, this game will be closer.  Stefanski's offense in Minnesota was based off a solid run game and throwing to his TEs.  Chubb and Hunt had 79 yards on just 12 carries in the first half.  And Mayfield completed 5 of 6 throws to three different TEs.  They were down 24-6 at half (remember how lousy the defense was).  The Browns started the second half by passing on 8 of their first 10 offensive plays.  Six of those throws were to Odell Beckham.  That is not the winning formula.  Run, throw to the TE, and then look for a WR down field off a play-action fake.  That is what brought Stefanski's offense success in Minnesota.  

Key for the Browns is to hold Mixon to less than 100 yards or a few more.  This will force Burrows to have to play well.  The defense should look better against the Bengals than it did trying to contain Jackson.  

On offense, the Browns need to control the ball with the run and short passes.  Success there will open up the field for Mayfield and his outside talent.  

I am picking the Browns to win this by a score of 24-17.  Mixon may get 100 yards, but hopefully, not much more (from the perspective of a Browns fan).  

 

I agree Mixon is a beast but I think the key will be for the Browns to put pressure on Burrow. 

I can't wait for the game tonight!!

On 9/15/2020 at 1:59 PM, nkypete said:

I tend to agree.  I think Burrow is going to light it up on the big stage.

Guys, this kid reminds me so much of Joe Montana when he first came into the league, give him some time, put a few more pieces around him on both sides of the ball and he’ll take us back to the SB, I really believe that!!

That last 3rd down play is big difference in this year than last. Andy would have been sacked or threw it away. Burrow runs and picks up the first down.

Well evidently Bullock never hurt his leg to bad Sunday. He hits a 38 yard FG to put the Bengals up 3-0.

That's what I'm talking about!  Power football for the score.  Chubb follows his fullback off the right tackle and powers his way in for the TD.  

I could watch that all game, all season.

The Browns answer back by taking it right down the field for a TD. The Browns lead 7-3 with 1:48 left in the 1st quarter.

Mayfield showed good leadership in that drive.  He got in his players face when that players actions threatened to nullify the 1st down scramble Baker made.  

You got to throw that one away Joe. Its a little harder to avoid tackles in the NFL.

Baker to Beckham... TD stands!  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.