Highlands at Ryle Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2020 at 11:00 PM

On Friday Ryle beat Boone County 39-8 on the road while quarterback Bradyn Lyons led the Raiders in their best passing performance in a game since Sept 1, 2018 (also against Boone County). Ryle had a total 246 yards and 2 TDs in the air, while they tallied another 124 yards and TDs on the ground. Kicker Franklin Rogers tacked on another 3 with a field goal, while Max Hungler added a 48 yard pick-six for the Raiders' defense.

Highlands opened their season on Friday with a home field loss to Simon Kenton, losing 27-14 to the Pioneers. The Birds started out the game with senior Jake Fahlbusch under center, but switched to sophomore Charlie Noon later in the game. Noon's adeptness on his feet helped spur the Highlands offense a bit, but it wasn't enough to turn the game around in the end. Fahlbusch was 7-12 passing for 94 yards and 1 TD, and rushed for another 34 yards, while Noon was 6-11 passing with 132 yards and 1 TD rushing. The Birds seem to still be hunting for their go-to running back early on in the season.

Recent Series Record:
2015: 48-24 Ryle
2016: 50-14 Ryle
2017: 49-27 Ryle
2018: 40-3 Highlands
2019: 27-0 Highlands

• Thanks 1

Ryle! Highlands once again just isn’t very good. 24-10 is my final. 

I was told last week from someone who attended the game to expect the same slow undisciplined Highlands Football that we have seen for the last 3-4 years. The only difference now is you get to see some of kids be enabled by their Seniority on both sides of the ball playing both ways and not just one. Maybe 3-6 with a 1st round loss at Home. At least the School cashes in on a Playoff round. 3-7 Record. Is it Jan 1st yet?

Birds respond with a win in a close one.

I hope they go with one guy at QB and use the other guy somewhere else. The QB read option with Noon at QB looked impressive to me. Fahlbusch could probably be a great TE/LB or something? Im not sure if they use a TE anymore. Gotta get all the talent on the field. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, colonel-fan said:

With Boyle coming to town next week, this is a massive game for Highlands.

Quite the understatement. I look for Boyle Co to totally thrash HHS at home. They won't be holding any punches come next week. I still think HHS loses this week at Ryle. Sr night festivities and HHS coming to town. Super Bowl. Nothing to lose but everything to gain.

23 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Ryle had some technical difficulties with their broadcast last week at Boone County, and ended up uploading the game a bit later...but they are apparently intending to livestream things from their YouTube channel tomorrow.

Official Ryle High School Football 2020 | YouTube

Here is the link for tonight's game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRTgf5olKqc