Cubs at Reds (7/27 - 7/30)

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Someone explain to me why you replace Sonny, when he is absolutely dealing, with 2 runners on? Why doesnt he just finish the inning and replace Sonny into the 8th?

Sounds like Bell gave Sonny the option to finish the 7th and he have Bell the ball.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:09 PM, sumoroyal said:

He has been the best hitter on the team for years but I really don't care who the best hitter on a team that is ten to twenty games below .500.  He is a big part of that.

So is Mike Trout to blame for the Angels not making the playoffs the whole time he’s been there? He’s hands down the best player in the sport and is quickly rising up the ranks as one of the greatest ever. But the Angels stink. Do you blame Trout for that? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I was excited and thought this team was going to be good!!  Getting ready to lose 3 of 4 to the Tigers, they stink!!

That's because you read all of the off-season rhetoric spewed on a daily basis by the scribes who are paid to paint a rosy picture of the upcoming baseball season.  I also hear the Bengals are supposed to be good this year.  We are always set up for disappointment.

Our illustrious ball team is presently 2-5  or 5-13 based on a 160 game season against what was supposed to be a "favorable " early season schedule. .  If you check the recent past you will see that the Reds have only been over .500 for one day since spring of 2018, when they were also dismal over the long run.

Why is this???  How about we are the 38th largest media market in the United States?  We are "lucky" that we even have a franchise.  If the media would be more honest and up front I would be more acceptive of them.  But because we are fed the Red Kool-aid on an annual basis, I chuckle when I see them struggle.

We are a rudderless ship with no rhyme or reason as to a long-range plan nor day to day stability on the roster. 

11 hours ago, Mustang said:

That's because you read all of the off-season rhetoric spewed on a daily basis by the scribes who are paid to paint a rosy picture of the upcoming baseball season.  I also hear the Bengals are supposed to be good this year.  We are always set up for disappointment.

Our illustrious ball team is presently 2-5  or 5-13 based on a 160 game season against what was supposed to be a "favorable " early season schedule. .  If you check the recent past you will see that the Reds have only been over .500 for one day since spring of 2018, when they were also dismal over the long run.

Why is this???  How about we are the 38th largest media market in the United States?  We are "lucky" that we even have a franchise.  If the media would be more honest and up front I would be more acceptive of them.  But because we are fed the Red Kool-aid on an annual basis, I chuckle when I see them struggle.

We are a rudderless ship with no rhyme or reason as to a long-range plan nor day to day stability on the roster. 

So old school and revisionist. And inaccurate in several spots.

1. Who in the world said the Bengals are supposed to be good this year? No one I know of. In fact most of what I have seen and read says they will be one of the worst in the NFL again this year. But that fact doesn't feed your view and your story.

2. What Red kool-aid are you referring to? I see and hear people everywhere including the local media blasting the Reds for innumerable things over the past few years - to the extent that it is so negative I have to tune it out sometimes. The only Red kool-aid I have been served over the past few years tastes very bitter and is almost undrinkable.

3. Rudderless ship ... the one positive is the moves made by this organization over the past year and a half have a very clear vision. And it is very progressive. Analytics taken to the next level. Great pickups of Moustakas, Castellanos, Shogo, Sonny Gray, Bauer. This roster is definitely the best roster the Reds have assembled since 2012. Great job by this organization. Definitely not rudderless.