Jump to content

Cubs at Reds (7/27 - 7/30)


Recommended Posts

Well since no one else wanted to start one.  We all wanted sports back, so let's act like it!

Reds drop another one run game, something that plagued them last season.  Miley had a horrible outing and the Reds climbed back into it late in the game.  I believe they left 13-14 runners on base yesterday.

Back at it tonight.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many times does Thom Brenneman say that a pitch is right down the middle when on Fox Sports Ohio the ball barely nicks (if it even does) the bottom of the strike zone?

Or you have Chris Welsh talking about how there is only one feed for the official scorekeeper.  He has the same one and only feed that we do, and then immediately contradicts himself by saying he also has a feed that shows the whole field lol

I won't pretending to know what it's like to do their jobs but Thom is tough to listen to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this was just a regular 162 game season, I would be feeling really good about the Reds right now. Besides Miley last night, the starting pitching has been elite. They haven’t been playing with the full lineup. Plus they still battled back from down 8-0 last night and honestly put themselves in a position where they still should have won the game. These are huge positives in a 162 game season. In a 60 game season it’s troubling though because they still aren’t getting over that hump. Tonight’s game will be huge and dare I say that it’s a must win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

If this was just a regular 162 game season, I would be feeling really good about the Reds right now. Besides Miley last night, the starting pitching has been elite. They haven’t been playing with the full lineup. Plus they still battled back from down 8-0 last night and honestly put themselves in a position where they still should have won the game. These are huge positives in a 162 game season. In a 60 game season it’s troubling though because they still aren’t getting over that hump. Tonight’s game will be huge and dare I say that it’s a must win. 

The bottom of the ninth for the Reds was very frustrating to watch.  In the box score, it may have looked liked they "battled back", but in the play-by-play, this is what actually happened.

Walk, wild pitch, ground out, walk, stolen base, walk, hit by pitch (1 run scores), walk (1 run scores), strikeout, line out.

Can we get a timely hit somewhere?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, nkypete said:

The bottom of the ninth for the Reds was very frustrating to watch.  In the box score, it may have looked liked they "battled back", but in the play-by-play, this is what actually happened.

Walk, wild pitch, ground out, walk, stolen base, walk, hit by pitch (1 run scores), walk (1 run scores), strikeout, line out.

Can we get a timely hit somewhere?

I’ll admit that I didn’t watch the end of the game. I chalked it up as a loss early and went to bed. I will say that while yes they needed a timely hit, taking 4 walks in that situation is great baseball. I didn’t watch so keep that in mind, but taking 4 walks means they weren’t chasing pitches and had discipline at the plate. In a 162 game season that’s a huge positive. In a 60 game season you can’t put yourself in that situation and they need to get timely hits like you said. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, nkypete said:

The bottom of the ninth for the Reds was very frustrating to watch.  In the box score, it may have looked liked they "battled back", but in the play-by-play, this is what actually happened.

Walk, wild pitch, ground out, walk, stolen base, walk, hit by pitch (1 run scores), walk (1 run scores), strikeout, line out.

Can we get a timely hit somewhere?

The worst part of that sequence was Ervin's strikeout on a 3-2 pitch that was clearly ball 4. Pretty good at bat till the wild swing at the up and in ball 4 pitch. If he walks it is a tie game.

Votto hit the final out line drive really well (another 3-2 pitch but he swung at a strike). It just hung up long enough for the CF to get to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The worst part of that sequence was Ervin's strikeout on a 3-2 pitch that was clearly ball 4. Pretty good at bat till the wild swing at the up and in ball 4 pitch. If he walks it is a tie game.

Votto hit the final out line drive really well (another 3-2 pitch but he swung at a strike). It just hung up long enough for the CF to get to it.

That swing on the ball for by Ervin was brutal.

Votto has gotten unlucky quite a few times in this short season with well hit balls right at people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sumoroyal said:

Just the truth MJ.  

Wasn't disagreeing with you.  And in the crazy world that we live in now, it's nice to have some consistency.  Votto not getting the big hit and you complaining about it, while not acknowledging he's the only one with any real consistency of hitting the ball hard through the 4 games s far lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.