Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Push to eliminate Spring practice

Featured Replies

I think this is a bad idea. I think football in Kentucky has improved since adding spring practice. I’m surprised to see Trinity’s AD in favor of this. I could see where some smaller schools would be for it since competes with spring sports. What do you think about this?

This is from two years ago.

I am indifferent on the subject. As a football guy I like having the Spring, but get the logistical challenges.

I would be all for it.  Spring practice has contributed to the specialization of athletes hurting spring sports numbers, especially at smaller schools.  Football and really all the major sports have become year round activities.   It also adds two weeks of contact opening the doors to additional concussions and other possible injuries.  On the financial, a lot is asked of coaches, and I’d guess that time really isn’t considered when paying coaches.  
 

As far as contributing to the quality of football, Ohio doesn’t do spring ball and they seem to putting out a pretty good product.

  • Author
21 minutes ago, bugatti said:

This is from two years ago.

I am indifferent on the subject. As a football guy I like having the Spring, but get the logistical challenges.

Thanks for noticing date. For some reason showed up on my twitter timeline. Glad it didn’t get enacted.

Put me in the camp of spring practice doesn't do much at the high school level. 

If incoming Freshman could participate, I would continue to support Spring ball, but largely it's a waste.  

I like spring practice because it breaks up the off-season for football. Most other sports can play their sport any time they want during multiple seasons. Allows for good development for young players. 

Get rid of spring practice, but allows teams to do seven on sevens in June. Much like how basketball has camps and games in June. Allow  football to do some seven on sevens in June. 

Spring football started back in 1998. It was very beneficial for us at Mason County. The extra live reps helped us to improve dramatically. Spring football has also been a big help for us at Mercer County. Live reps in pads help guys get better. 

We only got 3 days in the spring of 2020, but were very glad to get those days.

 I sure hope we keep it. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.