Maddie Bell - Missing Ohio Teenager

Pura Vida

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like a cluster from top to bottom that wasted a lot of time, energy, resources, and money.

Yup, but she made it ambiguous enough to make it look like a possible abduction. Just wish she would have called LE sooner to report her status as safe and sound, or she could have packed her bags and said “bye.” She‘s 18 after all.

Yup, but she made it ambiguous enough to make it look like a possible abduction. Just wish she would have called LE sooner to report her status as safe and sound, or she could have packed her bags and said “bye.” She‘s 18 after all.

This is in part the issue, I don't remember what the special name of the law is but there is a law that may require 18, 19, and 20 years old people to be treated as minors when they go missing. In other words, being 18 doesn't give a woman like this adult status as far as a missing person report is concerned. It is all ambiguous as you pointed out and again the end result is the taxpayers take the hit.

This is in part the issue, I don't remember what the special name of the law is but there is a law that may require 18, 19, and 20 years old people to be treated as minors when they go missing. In other words, being 18 doesn't give a woman like this adult status as far as a missing person report is concerned. It is all ambiguous as you pointed out and again the end result is the taxpayers take the hit.

That’s interesting I didn’t know that. It sounds like today she said “she wasn’t of the massive search for her.” Wherever she is she must be on cloud 9.

Nestor (the family rep during the investigation) added that Bell’s high school best friend said Bell did not want to be in a relationship with her boyfriend, Cody Mann, who lived with her in mother Melissa Bell’s home. Nestor said she saw a text message exchange between Bell and her friend that indicated Bell’s mother reportedly forced her to stay together with Mann.

:ohbrother:

@theguru anything of substance here?

- The investigation is not over. The sheriff said they have several subpoenas out - such as Facebook and phone companies - and are still waiting to get more information.

I have not followed the case at all but this tells me the powers that be believe one or more of the people involved have some culpability and if any of them can be charged with anything they will.