Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Maddie Bell - Missing Ohio Teenager

Featured Replies

I have to admit that I thought it was odd that at age 18, she and her boyfriend had been living together for 3 years at her mother’s house.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to admit that I thought it was odd that at age 18, she and her boyfriend had been living together for 3 years at her mother’s house.

This makes me want to slap the mother.

I have to admit that I thought it was odd that at age 18, she and her boyfriend had been living together for 3 years at her mother’s house.

 

Agreed, but I feel bad for the boyfriend right now, got dumped on a national platform.

I have to admit that I thought it was odd that at age 18, she and her boyfriend had been living together for 3 years at her mother’s house.

 

I read one article that said 5 years.

Agreed, but I feel bad for the boyfriend right now, got dumped on a national platform.

 

Are you serious?

Are you serious?

 

Ahh yeah I am, it’s sort of embarrassing when he was just crying on tv a few days ago for her to come back, to find out she ran off with a new guy she likely barely knew.

I read one article that said 5 years.

 

I’m wondering what kind of mom would allow her 13 year old daughter to have her boyfriend move in with her. That’s assuming he has lived in the house for 5 years and she’s just now turned 18.

I’m wondering what kind of mom would allow her 13 year old daughter to have her boyfriend move in with her. That’s assuming he has lived in the house for 5 years and she’s just now turned 18.

 

A bad one.

It sounds like a cluster from top to bottom that wasted a lot of time, energy, resources, and money.

It sounds like a cluster from top to bottom that wasted a lot of time, energy, resources, and money.

 

Yup, but she made it ambiguous enough to make it look like a possible abduction. Just wish she would have called LE sooner to report her status as safe and sound, or she could have packed her bags and said “bye.” She‘s 18 after all.

Yup, but she made it ambiguous enough to make it look like a possible abduction. Just wish she would have called LE sooner to report her status as safe and sound, or she could have packed her bags and said “bye.” She‘s 18 after all.

 

This is in part the issue, I don't remember what the special name of the law is but there is a law that may require 18, 19, and 20 years old people to be treated as minors when they go missing. In other words, being 18 doesn't give a woman like this adult status as far as a missing person report is concerned. It is all ambiguous as you pointed out and again the end result is the taxpayers take the hit.

This is in part the issue, I don't remember what the special name of the law is but there is a law that may require 18, 19, and 20 years old people to be treated as minors when they go missing. In other words, being 18 doesn't give a woman like this adult status as far as a missing person report is concerned. It is all ambiguous as you pointed out and again the end result is the taxpayers take the hit.

 

That’s interesting I didn’t know that. It sounds like today she said “she wasn’t of the massive search for her.” Wherever she is she must be on cloud 9.

@theguru anything of substance here?

 

- The investigation is not over. The sheriff said they have several subpoenas out - such as Facebook and phone companies - and are still waiting to get more information.

Nestor (the family rep during the investigation) added that Bell’s high school best friend said Bell did not want to be in a relationship with her boyfriend, Cody Mann, who lived with her in mother Melissa Bell’s home. Nestor said she saw a text message exchange between Bell and her friend that indicated Bell’s mother reportedly forced her to stay together with Mann.

 

:ohbrother:

@theguru anything of substance here?

 

- The investigation is not over. The sheriff said they have several subpoenas out - such as Facebook and phone companies - and are still waiting to get more information.

 

I have not followed the case at all but this tells me the powers that be believe one or more of the people involved have some culpability and if any of them can be charged with anything they will.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.