Women’s Sports And......

MBWC41

That may be true for most sports but the sport of women’s soccer is what we are hearing about lately and revenue/profit between them and the men is just not there. Every sport is going to be different but I would say soccer is the only one with a revenue in favor of The women. Tennis maybe?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I read once that the US Women's National Team actually made more percentage wise than the Men's National Team? Less in dollar amount, but more in percentage.

Is that accurate?

I believe this is correct.

From what I understand, the women’s team is trying to go back on the contract they signed.

As far as revenues go, I’d need to see hard numbers from a reliable source. I believe the women actually make more in the US vs the men’s team.

However, globally (fifa pay) the men’s team makes an astronomical amount compared to the women’s team.

My issue is simple...

Pay your players with the profits they bring in.

The WNBA for example is the biggest joke in all of sports. The NBA pays , I believe around 25 million a year just to keep the league going.

25 million a year so we can say we have women’s professional basketball... that’s insane...that’s not a sports league, that’s a charity...

If the NBA is going to spend that kind of money on a charity, I’d rather see it go towards scholarships for young girls instead of a league that will never be profitable.

And to be honest, the WNBA didn’t bother me so much until the players started complaining about pay and travel conditions.

Your league loses money every single year. Not one team is profitable...Stop complaining.

Back to soccer....

The anger is misdirected.

Why do men’s sports make more money ? Not fans in the seats, advertising...

The anger should be directed at companies who are willing to pay 10x more for a commercial during a men’s game vs a women’s game.

Pepsi, Amazon, Ford, Chevy, etc....

That’s why the pay difference exists.

Back to soccer....

The anger is misdirected.

Why do men’s sports make more money ? Not fans in the seats, advertising...

The anger should be directed at companies who are willing to pay 10x more for a commercial during a men’s game vs a women’s game.

Pepsi, Amazon, Ford, Chevy, etc....

That’s why the pay difference exists.

Don't you think that there is probably a good reason they are willing to pay higher advertising rates?

I'm pretty sure that I read that the women soccer players case was dismissed on a motion for summary judgement. To have that happen they didn't have much of a case.

Don't you think that there is probably a good reason they are willing to pay higher advertising rates?

I'm pretty sure that I read that the women soccer players case was dismissed on a motion for summary judgement. To have that happen they didn't have much of a case.

Yes, I absolutely think so.

However, this doesn’t fit the narrative that women’s sports are undervalued and underpaid.

I’ll broaden my opinion to men’s sorts also...

Teams at the collegiate and professional level that don’t turn a profit should be played at a club level.

As most of you know, I’m a huge UK fan.

It seems insane to me that UK has women’s basketball, men’s baseball, women’s softball, all genders of track and field, etc. that are traveling to other SEC sites to compete.

You don’t turn a profit, take a bus and play locally...

As to women's soccer where this issue gained a lot of attention in the past couple years, the women just lost in court. The judge ruled the women negotiated and signed the contract they are now not happy about. The women can't throw out the very contract they negotiated.

So to simplify this , it would be like someone asking for an under 6 foot league in the NBA.

No matter how terrible the product is, no matter how many people watch, we want pay equal to the above 6 foot NBA...

We don’t want equality, we want equal pay...

I’ll broaden my opinion to men’s sorts also...

Teams at the collegiate and professional level that don’t turn a profit should be played at a club level.

As most of you know, I’m a huge UK fan.

It seems insane to me that UK has women’s basketball, men’s baseball, women’s softball, all genders of track and field, etc. that are traveling to other SEC sites to compete.

You don’t turn a profit, take a bus and play locally...

I agree with this.