Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kasey Clark

Featured Replies

Congratulation to Russell's Kasey Clark on being selected to the All-State first-team defense as a DB. Job well done Kasey and I wish you the best at the next level.:thumb:

  • Replies 104
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good accomplishment. I hope he makes the real all state team. The BGP all state team. Nothing against the AP guys. I just feel that the BGP team is selected by people who watch football.

 

Way to go Kasey.

Other players from the Eastern part of the state to make the all state team were: 1st team Cody Conley 2nd team Sean Grimm and Nathan Dials from JCHS. Also from Russell Eathan Gullet 2nd team. Drew McDAvid Ashland 3rd team. Kyle Carter Lawrence Co 3rd team. I think Johnson and Tackete were honroable mention. Fields Davis should have been on this list somewhere in my opinion. As well as Josh Wills. But congrats to all these guys that made it.:thumb:

Josh Wills was robbed.... he was better than Honorable Mention... He was the heart and soul of the team this year... a great leader and even better player was left out because of a popularity contest

Wills isnt the only one who got robbed! There is no way any defensive player from Ashland should've made it over Raceland's J.T. Forrest. That is ridiculous!

Wills isnt the only one who got robbed! There is no way any defensive player from Ashland should've made it over Raceland's J.T. Forrest. That is ridiculous!

The players that made defense from the eastern part of the state were Kyle Carter and Drew Mcdavid. They both play different positions than J.T. How can you compare a linebacker to a D lineman or a defensive back? Did you see Careter or McDAvid play all their games this yr? I'm sure they both had great years defensively as well. And if there was a linebacker selected from the eastern part of the state Fields Davis or Michael Tackette are both better than J.T. Forrest.

  • Author

As someone mentioned in an earlier post it is hard to say what player is better than others. There are always kids that are left off the All-State teams, All-Area Teams, and All-Star Teams that are deserving to be named to the team. IMO J.T. Forrest is one of those that should have been named but was not. I hope that JT keeps positive and doesn't allow the non selection to keep him from moving to the next level. When a college coach sees him play he could care less if he is a member of the All-State team or not. What he will know is that this kid is a football player and whoever gets him will have one of the most dedicated kids in the program. I know several who were not selected to All-Star teams that went on to play college ball had a nice career and gained a quality education so all is not lost for the kids that were not selected.

Wills isnt the only one who got robbed! There is no way any defensive player from Ashland should've made it over Raceland's J.T. Forrest. That is ridiculous!

:thumb: :thumb:

Does anyone know where he's playing college ball and at what position?

I've heard he wants to go to Illinois, Ole Miss or Marshall. No offers yet but they all have shown a lot of interest.

The two best LB's I saw all year were JT Forrest of Raceland and Michael Tackett of Johnson Central. Fields Davis and Blake Johnson were tied for a close 3rd. I would have to believe based on what I've seen is that JT Forrest is the best LB this side of Lexington. This is just personal opinion. To have been left off the all-state team or honorable mention list is just a complete injustice to this kid. I also believe the Wills kid from Russell deserved to be there somewhere also.

 

Back to the thread, congrats to Kasey and all those from the area that made the team. Hopefully we will have a better representation of area kids on the Louisville Courier Journal Coaches All State Team which comes out around Christmas and is voted on by the coaches and not the media. I believe this All State team is a better representation of young men who deserve all-state recognition because it is voted on by the state coaches. The AP All-State team is more of a "my boy" All State team which is dictated by the local media pushing "their" kids. This sometimes leaves very deserving young men off the list, like Forrest and Wills. Larger metro areas and newspapers have more of an influence on the AP All State team. The Courier Journal's All State team is purely a result or opinion of the state's coaches who have "SEEN" some of these young men play. I would like to see several more area players on the Courier Journal All State Team, like Fields Davis, JT Forrest, Scott Grizzle, Clinton Thompson, Matt Thomas, Ian Welch, and Joey White.

Other players from the Eastern part of the state to make the all state team were: 1st team Cody Conley 2nd team Sean Grimm and Nathan Dials from JCHS. Also from Russell Eathan Gullet 2nd team. Drew McDAvid Ashland 3rd team. Kyle Carter Lawrence Co 3rd team. I think Johnson and Tackete were honroable mention. Fields Davis should have been on this list somewhere in my opinion. As well as Josh Wills. But congrats to all these guys that made it.:thumb:

 

James Barrett kicker for JC was honorable mention as well!

  • Author
The two best LB's I saw all year were JT Forrest of Raceland and Michael Tackett of Johnson Central. Fields Davis and Blake Johnson were tied for a close 3rd. I would have to believe based on what I've seen is that JT Forrest is the best LB this side of Lexington. This is just personal opinion. To have been left off the all-state team or honorable mention list is just a complete injustice to this kid. I also believe the Wills kid from Russell deserved to be there somewhere also.

 

Back to the thread, congrats to Kasey and all those from the area that made the team. Hopefully we will have a better representation of area kids on the Louisville Courier Journal Coaches All State Team which comes out around Christmas and is voted on by the coaches and not the media. I believe this All State team is a better representation of young men who deserve all-state recognition because it is voted on by the state coaches. The AP All-State team is more of a "my boy" All State team which is dictated by the local media pushing "their" kids. This sometimes leaves very deserving young men off the list, like Forrest and Wills. Larger metro areas and newspapers have more of an influence on the AP All State team. The Courier Journal's All State team is purely a result or opinion of the state's coaches who have "SEEN" some of these young men play. I would like to see several more area players on the Courier Journal All State Team, like Fields Davis, JT Forrest, Scott Grizzle, Clinton Thompson, Matt Thomas, Ian Welch, and Joey White.

:thumb::thumb: Great post 3high. Your statement is 100% correct. These kids have worked their tails off and are great football players and even greater people, it is a shame to not recognize them for their effort. I hope they stay focused in the classroom and keep a positive attitude. The kids you mentioned have an excellent chance to play at the next level and that would be the greatest award.

I've heard he wants to go to Illinois, Ole Miss or Marshall. No offers yet but they all have shown a lot of interest.

 

I haven't heard anything from Kasey about Ole Miss, but Cincinnati had been in the mix. With their coaching situation now, I'm not sure if they are still pursuing him or not.

Kasey said the schools that have talked to him have all been interested in him as a DB or receiver.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.