Olivier Sarr Commits to Kentucky

From what I am hearing Anselem is a 2 to 3 year player maybe even 4. A project offensively and decent on defense. Deandre could play right away with a waiver but was a junior this year. Since UK already added Sarr a 2 to 3 year player who can play right away makes more sense.

• 3 weeks later...

With Juzang being granted eligibility right away at UCLA. You would think Sarr definitely will be eligible this year. Unless Juzang presented something, I am unaware of in his appeal to play right away. Sarr should have a much better case to play right away than Juzang did. So if Juzang can get a waiver to play right away, Sarr should definitely be able to.

Then again you just never know with the NCAA.

With Juzang being granted eligibility right away at UCLA. You would think Sarr definitely will be eligible this year. Unless Juzang presented something, I am unaware of in his appeal to play right away. Sarr should have a much better case to play right away than Juzang did. So if Juzang can get a waiver to play right away, Sarr should definitely be able to.

Then again you just never know with the NCAA.

I read on twitter that Juzang used the appeal to be closer to family during the Coved Pandemic.

FWIW, Sarr can't use that rationale.

I read on twitter that Juzang used the appeal to be closer to family during the Coved Pandemic.

I have no problem with Juzang transferring and do not believe in waivers. But I do find the reason for waiver funny as his finalists included Notre Dame, Villanova, Oregon, and Texas Tech.

He's French right? Paris and Versailles are just down the road from UK. :lol2:

He's French right? Paris and Versailles are just down the road from UK. :lol2:

:lol:

I was never overly confident about Sarr getting immediate eligibility. His circumstances just don’t meet the criteria for it IMO.

I’m hopeful the NCAA just thinks this is an odd time for athletes and allows it.

I guess he could point to North Carolina’s virus numbers being higher than Kentucky’s and claim he doesn’t feel safe playing ball there ?

:lol:

I was never overly confident about Sarr getting immediate eligibility. His circumstances just don’t meet the criteria for it IMO.

I’m hopeful the NCAA just thinks this is an odd time for athletes and allows it.

I guess he could point to North Carolina’s virus numbers being higher than Kentucky’s and claim he doesn’t feel safe playing ball there ?

See I think his circumstances meets it more than Juzang’s who’s list of finalists doesn’t match all with the reason he listed for transferring.

While Sarr was deciding on staying of going into the NBA Draft, and his coach Manning convinced him to stay. Then only for Manning to be fired a day before the deadline. Leaving Sarr not much time at all to make a decision. He could say Wake Forest on purpose waited until right before the deadline to fire his coach, in order to try to not be able to leave.

With that said though, you just never know with the NCAA.

See I think his circumstances meets it more than Juzang’s who’s list of finalists doesn’t match all with the reason he listed for transferring.

While Sarr was deciding on staying of going into the NBA Draft, and his coach Manning convinced him to stay. Then only for Manning to be fired a day before the deadline. Leaving Sarr not much time at all to make a decision. He could say Wake Forest on purpose waited until right before the deadline to fire his coach, in order to try to not be able to leave.

With that said though, you just never know with the NCAA.

I agree.

I think the kid got a raw deal.

Just looking at the written criteria on transfers, I don’t see it happening for him.

As you said, we’re dealing with the NCAA so who knows.

If I’m Sarr, I’m pulling the safety card. The NCAA wants zero part in any liability with this virus.