NBA suspends season

When Gobert tested positive, it became an easy decision for the NBA. Donovan Mitchell also tested positive even though he is feeling no symptoms. There were 58 NBA players and personnel tested after Gobert's positive test and Mitchell was the only positive result.

Yes but when Gobert gave his news conference at the end he rubbed his hands all over the equipment and microphones and laughed. He is not sick and made a joke of it. I think ESPN said Mitchell was in the gym shooting basketball. When I have the flu, I don't feel like doing any activity. Do they re-test these guys? Maybe they were false positive. Someone said today that 60 to 70% of the people when they get it won't even know it.

Yes but when Gobert gave his news conference at the end he rubbed his hands all over the equipment and microphones and laughed. He is not sick and made a joke of it. I think ESPN said Mitchell was in the gym shooting basketball. When I have the flu, I don't feel like doing any activity. Do they re-test these guys? Maybe they were false positive. Someone said today that 60 to 70% of the people when they get it won't even know it.

The Gobert presser was from earlier this week when everyone was still in "this is all an over-reaction" mode. At the time, he had not been diagnosed or probably even tested, so let's not paint him as some villain for being insensitive to those who were affected by it at the time, even though it was an extremely bad look.

As for Mitchell, like you said, most people don't even know they have it, so a professional athlete getting his work in during a work stoppage isn't shocking.