What Does the Lock Mean?

gchs_uk9

Logged on to BGP tonight and noticed several threads on the first page had a gold colored lock beside them. First assumption was that the threads were locked and couldn't be posted in, but then noticed it allowed me to type out a response. Is this something new?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logged on to BGP tonight and noticed several threads on the first page had a gold colored lock beside them. First assumption was that the threads were locked and couldn't be posted in, but then noticed it allowed me to type out a response. Is this something new?

What thread with a lock were you able to post in?

The Lock means the thread is closed, but all of those aren't closed. Seems like maybe your laptop is not recognizing your account.

Not sure why your laptop shows threads are closed and phone show threads are open.

@theguru this is probably a question for you.

I'm on Chrome and most threads show locks for me as well, but I'm obviously able to post in this one.

I am using Chrome as well and I have had the locks for as long as I can remember when using my laptop. If a thread is actually locked, the lock is pulled over more to the left:

Locks.png