Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jussie Smollett facing new criminal charges.

Featured Replies

It is old news and frankly not the kind of thing the mainstream media likes to report on.

 

True.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • An appeals court just ruled Jussie should be released pending his appeal. I know our Justice System is far from perfect (and deteriorating in my opinion) but the elite/rich generally speaking far

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    He said that in case something happens to him in jail.  Sandra Bland.  

  • I agree.  Although he was clearly upset (as anyone would be) what I really heard from Smollett was I am not suicidal and if anything happens to me in jail it is criminal.  For the record, that is the

Smollett sentenced to 30 months probation, restitution of $126,000, $25,000 fine and 150 days in the Cooke County Jail for hoaxing hate crimes.

Range was from probation up to 30 days, community service, restitution, pay penalties or 1 to 3 year prison sentence per charge. Was found guilty on 5 of 6 charges.

Smollett jumped up and proclaimed his innocence and said that he wasn't suicidal. 

Yelled the same thing as the deputies led him out of court.

The Judge went back over the facts of the trial for around a half hour before announcing the sentence. 

If anyone has an interest in this case I urge you to watch the entire sentencing statement in its entirety. The judge lays out what the aggrevating issues were that led to more than just probation. 

Judge lays out the case and why he gave the sentence that he did. Smollett reacts angrily at the end.

 

If Carolyn Donham isn’t in jail then Jussie Smollet shouldn’t be in jail either.  

15 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

The Judge went back over the facts of the trial for around a half hour before announcing the sentence. 

If anyone has an interest in this case I urge you to watch the entire sentencing statement in its entirety. The judge lays out what the aggrevating issues were that led to more than just probation. 

 

12 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Judge lays out the case and why he gave the sentence that he did. Smollett reacts angrily at the end.

 

I watched/listened to some of it, absolutely scathing!!

15 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Smollett sentenced to 30 months probation, restitution of $126,000, $25,000 fine and 150 days in the Cooke County Jail for hoaxing hate crimes.

Range was from probation up to 30 days, community service, restitution, pay penalties or 1 to 3 year prison sentence per charge. Was found guilty on 5 of 6 charges.

All things considered I think this is a light sentence for Smollett.  Instead of "acting a fool" in court he should have been thankful the punishment was minimal.  With that said, if Smollett actually serves 5 months in jail that is a real punishment.

15 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Smollett jumped up and proclaimed his innocence and said that he wasn't suicidal. 

Yelled the same thing as the deputies led him out of court.

He said that in case something happens to him in jail.  Sandra Bland.  

2 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

He said that in case something happens to him in jail.  Sandra Bland.  

I agree.  Although he was clearly upset (as anyone would be) what I really heard from Smollett was I am not suicidal and if anything happens to me in jail it is criminal.  For the record, that is the one thing Smollett told us that I believe.

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

For the record, that is the one thing Smollett told us that I believe.

Agreed.

10 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

He said that in case something happens to him in jail.  Sandra Bland.  

Maybe I'm a total fool (probably am), but wasn't Bland's death confirmed a suicide and part of the evidence included cut marks from previous self-harm, etc? 

I know the jail ended up being in trouble for not making proper rounds or something, but did they end up in trouble for killing her too? 

24 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Maybe I'm a total fool (probably am), but wasn't Bland's death confirmed a suicide and part of the evidence included cut marks from previous self-harm, etc? 

I know the jail ended up being in trouble for not making proper rounds or something, but did they end up in trouble for killing her too? 

Not that I know of.  I’m fairly certain the jail absolved from any wrongdoing.  

2 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

He said that in case something happens to him in jail.  Sandra Bland.  

Yeah, I knew what he was doing...it was pretty obvious. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.