Beechwood 52 Campbell County 47

What a TEAM win on the road! Beechwood wins with Scotty 14 pts...Will Downton 9 points and the big 3 to take lead during 4th qtr... Brandon with 9 and Cam Decker and Mitchell Riley with 7. It might have been ugly (1-18 from 3) but wow unselfish team play and a big win on road. Great seeing the bench score 17 pts. They will need to continue this defensive play and multiple offensive production to win down stretch.

Campbell looked to me to be down considerably, either sickness or whatever. They, by no means, played a great game. The Tigers can shoot themselves out of any game, top level opponent or any good team having an off night. If they don’t pick up the pace and run the break, work the ball inside on offense, and stop the dribble drive, the Tigers will have a short run in the tourney. JMO

What a TEAM win on the road! Beechwood wins with Scotty 14 pts...Will Downton 9 points and the big 3 to take lead during 4th qtr... Brandon with 9 and Cam Decker and Mitchell Riley with 7. It might have been ugly (1-18 from 3) but wow unselfish team play and a big win on road. Great seeing the bench score 17 pts. They will need to continue this defensive play and multiple offensive production to win down stretch.

Exactly! Probably - other than Boone County - the best TEAM win this season.

Beechwood bench - Decker, Hughes, Hergott, Moore - pivotal in the win. Hughes with a great first half and Decker with a great second half. Hergott came in and played tremendous defense and Moore provided relief for the guards.

Decker definitely emerging as a wild card down the stretch for the Tigers. Long, athletic kid who plays great defense and is starting to make shots inside and out. Versatile

Heck of an effort by Camels to battle their way back into it and take the lead late. Gross , Hegyi and Hamilton were outstanding. Hamilton is going to be a HAMMER for the next three years. What a talent.

Finally, happy for Will Downton. He hit a BIG TIME three from the right win with just over two minutes to go to put Beechwood back in the lead. He’s been up and down, but man, when he’s on, he’s so good and so fun to watch.

It's going to be a battle to get out of that District..Holmes now playing better. Have the seedings been established? Beechwood v. Holy Cross to see who plays at NKU?

35th District Standings:

CovCath - 2-0 (def. Holy Cross & Holmes)

Beechwood - 1-0 (def. Holmes)

Holy Cross - 0-1 (lost to CovCath)

Holmes - 0-2 (lost to Beechwood & CovCath)

It's going to be a battle to get out of that District..Holmes now playing better. Have the seedings been established? Beechwood v. Holy Cross to see who plays at NKU?

Beechwood beat Holmes and plays Holy Cross 2/15 but the district seeding might already be settled before that. Holmes and Holy Cross play 2/4. If Holy Cross wins that game, then Beechwood and Holy Cross will face each other in districts for the trip to the regional. If Holmes wins that one, then it could be a 3 way tie if Holy Cross beats Beechwood. I am not sure how they sort the district seeding out if it is a 3 way tie for second.

Beechwood beat Holmes and plays Holy Cross 2/15 but the district seeding might already be settled before that. Holmes and Holy Cross play 2/4. If Holy Cross wins that game, then Beechwood and Holy Cross will face each other in districts for the trip to the regional. If Holmes wins that one, then it could be a 3 way tie if Holy Cross beats Beechwood. I am not sure how they sort the district seeding out if it is a 3 way tie for second.

When there have been ties In the past, haven't the athletic directors voted on seeding?

When there have been ties In the past, haven't the athletic directors voted on seeding?

I could be wrong, but it seemed to have happened on a couple of occasions over the last few years, and if I'm not mistaken, in a 3 way tie they have a drawing.

If I remember correctly Holmes hasn't been too lucky in these drawings. I would have to research it better to give years and details, but perhaps someone with a better memory can provide a more accurate account of what has happened in the recent past.

Edited by B-Ball-fan

I could be wrong, but it seemed to have happened on a couple of occasions over the last few years, and if I'm not mistaken, in a 3 way tie they have a drawing. If I remember correctly Holmes hasn't been too lucky in these drawings. I would have to research it better to give years and details, but perhaps someone with a better memory can provide a more accurate account of what has happened in the recent past.

With a closer look I believe that the 3 way tie happened in the 2016/2017 season with Holmes having to play CovCath in the district game. I can't see that it has happened any other time in recent years like I had originally thought.

It does seem that in recent years Holmes has been more than not facing CovCath in the first game of the districts. It's still to be seen if they repeat this trend yet again this season.

Triple header last night. Any Frosh / JV results in this one?

Freshman team - led by impressive forward Trevor Logue - knocked off the 15-3 Camels freshman team. Don't have scoring totals from last night's game, but Logue led the Tigers to a victory over Scott freshmen Monday night by scoring a game-high 17. Versatile big man who can knock down threes and drive/finish. Bright future ahead for him in the Tigers program. Tigers also have future freshman stars in Cameron Boyd & bulldog point guard Mitchell Berger.

JV suffered only their second loss of the year in a nailbiter, falling 53-30 to the Camels. Tigers had a chance to tie it up on last possession, but were unable to get a good shot off due to great D by the Camels.

My prediction is the following:

1. CovCath

2. Beechwood

3. Holy Cross

4. Holmes

That - if true - sets up what could be a tremenduos district tourney opening game between the Tigers and Holy Cross. Looking forward to what should be a tremendous February in the 9th Region!