Khalil Whitney will transfer from Kentucky

BBN87

I agree with downsizing the number of 5 stars.

Sometimes these 5 star McDonald’s All-Americans are actually White Castle All-Americans.

Whitney had ample playing time earlier in the season and he seemed lost and was unproductive. He just didn’t impress me at this stage of his career, but with time he may have developed.

:lol2:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no one’s fault and there’s no one to blame. The kid thought he could come in and get playing time at the highest of levels. It didn’t work out for him. Times have changed, he didn’t want to have to wait til his Jr season to see lots of playing time. Let him go on to a coach who maybe sees more value in him where he can play. WHO wants to just be on the team and not play. Best decision for all involved I think.

This is no one’s fault and there’s no one to blame. The kid thought he could come in and get playing time at the highest of levels. It didn’t work out for him. Times have changed, he didn’t want to have to wait til his Jr season to see lots of playing time. Let him go on to a coach who maybe sees more value in him where he can play. WHO wants to just be on the team and not play. Best decision for all involved I think.

Well considering since he waited until after classes started in the second semester. He won’t be playing any games for a year and a half at least not at the college level.

Also I don’t think it is Coach Cal not thinking there is value in him. It just simple he is not ready to be playing over other guys on this roster.

Well considering since he waited until after classes started in the second semester. He won’t be playing any games for a year and a half at least not at the college level.

Also I don’t think it is Coach Cal not thinking there is value in him. It just simple he is not ready to be playing over other guys on this roster.

Exactly my point. He tried his hand at UK, it didn’t work out. Let him go somewhere he would be more appreciated and valued. Cal has plenty of Khalil Whitneys hanging around or begging to come in next year. He’ll essentially sit out a semester and probably be eligible. Cal will bring in another 5 star next year....win win for everyone.

Why is UK fans somehow taking this move as some personal attack on Cal or the program. It happens everywhere.

Exactly my point. He tried his hand at UK, it didn’t work out. Let him go somewhere he would be more appreciated and valued. Cal has plenty of Khalil Whitneys hanging around or begging to come in next year. He’ll essentially sit out a semester and probably be eligible. Cal will bring in another 5 star next year....win win for everyone.

Why is UK fans somehow taking this move as some personal attack on Cal or the program. It happens everywhere.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it is as simple as sitting out a semester and then he can play again. I believe he would have had to leave before this spring semester started. Since the spring semester has started. I believe that means he is not only missing out on the rest of this season, but all of next season. So essentially he is missing a year and a half before he can play another college basketball game. Which is why I replied when you said he wants a chance to play. He won’t be playing games now for a year and a half. So might as well have stayed and kept getting work in everyday against other top college players and then transfer after this year.

I honestly doubt he plays another college game ever again. Which is probably his plan, and will be in the G league or overseas.

Also I don’t see anyone taking it as a personal attack on Cal or the program.

According to the Courier Journal he will be eligible the 2nd semester of next year. I think it has something to do with classes only starting back next week and the date to withdraw without getting even a W hasn't passed yet.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it is as simple as sitting out a semester and then he can play again. I believe he would have had leave before this spring semester started. Since the spring semester has started. I believe that means he is not only missing out on the rest of this season, but all of next season. So essentially he is missing a year and a half before he can play another college basketball game. Which is why I replied when you said he wants a chance to play. He won’t be playing games now for a year and a half. So might as well have stayed and kept getting work in everyday against other top college players and then transfer after this year.

I honestly doubt he plays another college game ever again. Which is probably his plan, and will be in the G league or overseas.

Also I don’t see anyone taking it as a personal attack on Cal or the program.

See post above yours.

See post above yours.

The article I read in The Athletic says otherwise. It says he will have to be granted a waiver for him to be able to play next year for the second semester. If not he will have to wait until the 2021-2022 season before he can play again.

• 2 weeks later...
Any update on where he might land? I'm hearing chatter on the street that D. Allen might be leaving, anyone else hearing this?

Larry Vaught wrote a great article citing two NBA insiders. It appears he will go straight to the pro game.