Coach Mark Brown has retired from football.

Coach Brown was 59-19 in his 6 seasons as head coach at E-town. He is currently 5th in the state for all-time coaching wins with a career record of 331-140 in 38 seasons.

He finishes with one of the more underrated coaching careers in State History.

Brown was an excellent coach.

He finishes with one of the more underrated coaching careers in State History.

Brown was an excellent coach.

He elevated every program he touched and is leaving behind a strong foundation at E'town that his successor can build upon to continue their recent winning ways.

This is a great coaching position for someone to step into.

Coach Brown was a great coach! They always showed up ready to play and played with great heart! Best of luck in retirement Coach!

I will never forget the 2012 State Semifinal between Coach Brown's John Hardin squad and Bowling Green where BG used the original hook and ladder (and a 2 pt conversion to Nacarius Fant) on 4th and 23 from the BG 20 to steal that game 14-13! What a game!

Are you sure? I’m pretty sure that was against John Hardin not Etown

Coach,

Check out this link to the riherds page to the 2012 John Hardin Team listing Coach Brown as head coach. I looked it up just to make sure. It lists Coach Brown as John Hardin's Head Coach from at least 2001 to 2012. Coach Lewis is listed in the 2013 season for John Hardin.

John Hardin 2

When I think of Coach Brown I always think of this game:

[ATTACH]69721[/ATTACH]

Enjoy your retirement Coach!

That's a cool post what jumped out at me was the officials names at the bottom of the page all are from the 16th Region I know all of those guys a couple have passed away. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone hearing any names for this job? Is it posted on the District's website? Is it on the KHSAA? I found it odd the AD was quoted in the paper talking about procedures for hiring in house. any E-town folks have any insight on this?

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13 - Capitalization

There is a possibility that Coach Brown's son Ross who has been his assistant for 11 years and served as his DC the past several years may get the job.

That's going to be the hire & should be IMO. Ross deserves his shot. He's been with his dad at John and then has been running the defense ever since going with him to E-town.

Offensively they'd still the same. As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Ross is also in the building and has been as a PE/Health teacher. His dad was just coaching since retiring from the classroom/admin at John Hardin. So, in a smaller school and one such at E-town where the school climate and academics are so strong, people don't leave there. Ross has a couple legs up already. He's due.

• 2 weeks later...

It sure seems like it is taking a long time if the Panthers were going to hire in house. Any word on this position? I have heard there maybe interest from a local coach of the year just up the road. Any truth to that? I have also heard that the in house candidate may not be too popular of a choice with some program stakeholders. What is the scoop???