Calvary Christian 50 Augusta 40

Augusta and Calvary went into the half tied at 22 then agian tied at 29 after 3. Then outscored Augusta 21 to 11 to finish out the game.

Augusta was led in scoring by Jeremy Hardymon with 13 and Dustin Staggs added 10

Chris Mofford had the only bench points with 6

Matt Groves 5, Josh White 4, Bradye Hamiliton 2

As a team they shot 26% from the feild and 5 for 13 from the charity line.

Don't know what to say just got out played. Calvary Christian came out ready to play and their coach seemed to have a good game plan.

Dust it off Panthers and get ready for friday

Augusta did win the JV game 42-22

Ryan Kelsch led the team with 12 points

Ty Krebs added 10

Chris Mofford 8, Joey Crouch 4, Shawn White 4, Thomas Woodruff and Robert Vaughn had 2

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a shocker

Could say that but I have seen all of Augusta's games so I was not too shocked. I did think they would win but I figure most of their games to be close. The bench needs to score more. They are now averaging 8.5 Pts a game from the bench using three players.

I'm totally shocked:scared: ,I was actually starting to become a believer in this Augusta team but to loose to Calvary on your home floor and maybe more important to only get 40 points just blows me away.Bracken beat them by 20+ without Hall last week at there place.Again don't know what to say but WOW,Friday nite could be a very very long nite for the Panthers now,But good luck.

I'm totally shocked:scared: ,I was actually starting to become a believer in this Augusta team but to loose to Calvary on your home floor and maybe more important to only get 40 points just blows me away.Bracken beat them by 20+ without Hall last week at there place.Again don't know what to say but WOW,Friday nite could be a very very long nite for the Panthers now,But good luck.

Thats just they way it is. Teams we are not supposed to be able to play with we play hard and sometimes stay with them (at least for a half). Games we are suppose to win walking away, we let them stick around until it bites us in the end. If the bench does not perform Friday it will be a long night you are right. Or maybe, just maybe we need to try some shooters off the bench.

Still have a player shooting over 62%, averaging 11 pts per game in JV that has not been on the floor in varsity.

Thats just they way it is. Teams we are not supposed to be able to play with we play hard and sometimes stay with them (at least for a half). Games we are suppose to win walking away, we let them stick around until it bites us in the end. If the bench does not perform Friday it will be a long night you are right. Or maybe, just maybe we need to try some shooters off the bench.

Still have a player shooting over 62%, averaging 11 pts per game in JV that has not been on the floor in varsity.

Its seems to me that the boys over looked Calvary. Everyone was giving them 20+ and they thought the team were scrubs. Friday should be the deciding factor, id like to see how these boys bump back into it. It doesnt matter whether the bench preforms friday or not because if the starters dont kick it on early then Montgomery will blow by.

Iv been reading about these shooters that are shooting over 65% im guessing thats in JV since they have no recorded Varsity time. Im guessing that the kid shooting over 62% and averaging 11ppg is your son? Am i hinting some jealousy?:confused: Because so far it seems the team is doing well with 3-1 other than this game...

Augusta will bounce back, they usually turn it on in January. I was wrong with my preseason prediction that this team wouldn't miss Gallagher but they do. Inconsistency from beyond the arc is a major liability for this team. It seems like if Groves is not hitting on kick-outs, this team suffers. Robin will make adjustments though and this team will bounce back but I can bet it won't be "lil Atown Pride" coming off the bench with his 11 ppg and 65% FG% in JV time (Are those supposed to be outstanding stats? It's JUNIOR VARSITY, dude.)