Calvary Christian 50 Augusta 40

The numbers don't lie we score in the 1st quarter good, 2nd not so good. Thats when we let teams get back in the game. I may be jealous but so be it.

That fact is we need to score and score often. Along with Playin D. There is always more to it. As far as LIL ATown Pride goes. He may not win a game for you, but he sure won't lose one either.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sloppy game, no rhythm for either team untill Calvary went on a run with 4 minutes to go. First game I've seen this year and after what I've read and heard of the first three games I left the gym very dissapointed in what I saw.

I wish you could have saw Fleming VS Augusta game. It was a game from what I had heard.....I was not in attendance though.

Augusta will bounce back, they usually turn it on in January. I was wrong with my preseason prediction that this team wouldn't miss Gallagher but they do. Inconsistency from beyond the arc is a major liability for this team. It seems like if Groves is not hitting on kick-outs, this team suffers. Robin will make adjustments though and this team will bounce back but I can bet it won't be "lil Atown Pride" coming off the bench with his 11 ppg and 65% FG% in JV time (Are those supposed to be outstanding stats? It's JUNIOR VARSITY, dude.)

First we do miss Gallagher, Second if Groves not hitting kick-outs does hurt and he was in the gym today putting in exta time working on his shot. Good for him, not to many more determined to improve then Matt. Last thing DUDE

FGA FGM FG% FTA FTM FT% Rebs Tot Pts

Player #1 C 43 18 42% 17 8 47% 25 44

Player #2 F 29 18 62% 9 5 64% 16 43

Thats over 4 JV games, Impressive maybe not, as of yet the best on the team yes. Who deserves to get time off the bench? BOTH and others.And if you think that I am alone in this thinking, you are dead wrong. Im am not saying the other players off the bench should not play. In no way do I think that. They all add something to the game. Just saying the bench is alot deeper then it has been used. Our close game should never had been close. And to say that its Junior Varsity The 4 teams we have played were smaller schools or had young teams that had players that played on both levels.

First we do miss Gallagher, Second if Groves not hitting kick-outs does hurt and he was in the gym today putting in exta time working on his shot. Good for him, not to many more determined to improve then Matt. Last thing DUDE

Thats over 4 JV games, Impressive maybe not, as of yet the best on the team yes. Who deserves to get time off the bench? BOTH and others.And if you think that I am alone in this thinking, you are dead wrong. Im am not saying the other players off the bench should not play. In no way do I think that. They all add something to the game. Just saying the bench is alot deeper then it has been used. Our close game should never had been close. And to say that its Junior Varsity The 4 teams we have played were smaller schools or had young teams that had players that played on both levels.

Every Year teams miss seniors they lost the year before. It happens and theres no changing it so get off that subject. Matt groves shot just hasnt been falling everyone can see that and no one is more mad about that than him. It happens players dont shoot right but they get help from coaches and get it back. And for the Stats maybe they are the best on the team but have you taking in account the different positions and how many shots are taking. ANd dont get me wrong every player does add something to the team some more than others but thats where the coach decides who is ready in that situation. Im sure Coach Kelsch knows exactly what hes doing i mean he has been coaching for 9 years as the head coach. And smaller school size doesnt matter one bit you can still be a small school and have good athletes. BOTTOM LINE.... The Bench will get the time when they are greatly needed.

Every Year teams miss seniors they lost the year before. It happens and theres no changing it so get off that subject. Matt groves shot just hasnt been falling everyone can see that and no one is more mad about that than him. It happens players dont shoot right but they get help from coaches and get it back. And for the Stats maybe they are the best on the team but have you taking in account the different positions and how many shots are taking. ANd dont get me wrong every player does add something to the team some more than others but thats where the coach decides who is ready in that situation. Im sure Coach Kelsch knows exactly what hes doing i mean he has been coaching for 9 years as the head coach. And smaller school size doesnt matter one bit you can still be a small school and have good athletes. BOTTOM LINE.... The Bench will get the time when they are greatly needed.

Thank You and I agree with you for the most part. Could go on and on but it I will let it rest. Not too sure how many Augusta games people have seen the last couple of years that had made comments on this thread. As far as positions of players go with the stats yes I did concider that . I also realize its a young season and things will change. Not only is Coach Kelsch a good coach but a good teacher and neighbor (as long as he keeps his grass cut).

Robin would get that if he were to read this. The time will come for the bench to step up and I will be there. I have seen most of these boys play since they were playing AAU ball and know the hard work they put in and how far they have come. All I want is the best for them and the best is yet to come. I am proud of the entire team, you will not find a better group of young men anywhere.

Again thanks for your insight. GO Panthers

Just because you sit behind the bench on a laptop doesn't make you a basketball guy, you're only a parent. We appreciate your help but leave the coaching to your neighbor. He has the right guys playing, just some inexperience from some players and some overconfidence from others. Robin knows how to handle it and pressure from parents to play their kids because of some junior varsity numbers is horrendous. That should end when the kid hits ninth grade.

And you made my point, averaging eleven against small schools like Deming, St. Francis and Calvary in junior varsity. They have kids playing just to field a team.

Just because you sit behind the bench on a laptop doesn't make you a basketball guy, you're only a parent. We appreciate your help but leave the coaching to your neighbor. He has the right guys playing, just some inexperience from some players and some overconfidence from others. Robin knows how to handle it and pressure from parents to play their kids because of some junior varsity numbers is horrendous. That should end when the kid hits ninth grade.

And you made my point, averaging eleven against small schools like Deming, St. Francis and Calvary in junior varsity. They have kids playing just to field a team.

I think there has been some misunderstanding on some points and some you are dead on. I apologize to Robin and his Coaching Staff. You could not ask for more from a coach or teacher. I know how much heart he puts into what he does.

I think there has been some misunderstanding on some points and some you are dead on. I apologize to Robin and his Coaching Staff. You could not ask for more from a coach or teacher. I know how much heart he puts into what he does.

Finally, you make some sense. Robin has taken a program from the biggest cupcake in the state to a topic on Bluegrasspreps.com. Forget George Clooney, as far as every boy age 25 and below that has attended and currently attending A-Town is concerned, Robin is the man.

Little ATown Pride will see his playing time. He is tough and will be a very solid player. Instead of begging for PT, you should be greatful that Augusta is deep enough to play as many players as they do Varsity. It used to be that Augusta HAD to play kids that had no business on a basketball court.

Finally, you make some sense. Robin has taken a program from the biggest cupcake in the state to a topic on Bluegrasspreps.com. Forget George Clooney, as far as every boy age 25 and below that has attended and currently attending A-Town is concerned, Robin is the man.

Little ATown Pride will see his playing time. He is tough and will be a very solid player. Instead of begging for PT, you should be greatful that Augusta is deep enough to play as many players as they do Varsity. It used to be that Augusta HAD to play kids that had no business on a basketball court.

This is true, wonder when the last time they had to do that..

There is still a difference here ATOWN PRIDE!! I know you are pushing for more time, but one is 6'6" and can alternate shots in the paint and one is 5'10. Thats a big difference on the defensive side.. More to basketball then the offensive numbers...

There is still a difference here ATOWN PRIDE!! I know you are pushing for more time, but one is 6'6" and can alternate shots in the paint and one is 5'10. Thats a big difference on the defensive side.. More to basketball then the offensive numbers...

No one will let this thread die. Thank You too Ureach. I was wondering if you were going to reply. Just so you Know he is 6'+ and can also alternate shots, hit outside shots, play d on the ball, and can run. Please lets not debate this too.:D Call the Coach He will tell you. All is good.