Sign in to follow this  
MikeHonchoLives

Mason County 85 Bracken County 76

Yyyyeeeeeheeeee!

What a night at the igloo! The Polar bears came up short, but, we don’t seed our district. So this don’t amount to a hill of beans. It’s perfect, Coach Reed, who doesn’t yet know about the tattoo I’m getting with his jersey number from his playing days, played Kirk just like a fiddle.

We put up 76 points. Blake Reed had 30, because there is no one in the 10th that can stop him. And it was all they wanted!

What a special night. They’ll be talking about the night we retired Mr. Coopers Jersey for decades to come.

Bracken county— its the greatest place on earth. Salt of the earth people, country hospitality and the best basketball coach in the state!

Hey Honcho glad to see you drinking that Bracken Co. cool aide again was kind of afraid you soured on it after a couple years of Coach Hinson.

I listened to quite a bit of this one on the radio. Sounded to me like Mason got an early lead, then a combination of sloppy play on both sides and settling for trading baskets kept it a 9 to 14-point game for most of the second half.

The Reed kid is gonna be something special. He could already start at the point for a bunch of teams.

Mason gave them about 8 points in the last minute. Game was not near that close. Next time we play, is Bracken going to have an answer for Schalch. NO!! Blake Reed is good but now way he does what he does he he did not play for his Dad. He gets to do what he wants by getting thirty shots a game.

impressive outing for the Bears!!!

Actually, Mason lead by 15 plus for most of the game and pounded them inside.

Actually, Mason lead by 15 plus for most of the game and pounded them inside.

I listened to most of it and that was what I was hearing.

When I saw the final, I assumed that the Bears hung around enough to make a game of it late.

I listened to most of it and that was what I was hearing.

When I saw the final, I assumed that the Bears hung around enough to make a game of it late.

It was a 14 point game with thirty-odd seconds to play.

Sooner or later, Bracken will get Mason again. But this one makes 27 straight for the Royals in this “rivalry”.

Stats per the Ledger Independent:

MASON COUNTY—19-19-21-26—85

BRACKEN COUNTY—10-12-22-32—76

Scoring

Mason (85) – Schalch 28, Frey 15, May 15, J. Jones 12, Brammer 5, Swolsky 5, Perry 3, Henry 2

Bracken (76) – B. Reed 30, Cummins 21, Jefferson 10, C. Reed 8, Reynolds 3, Schultz 2, Gilvin 2

Game Stats

Field Goals: Mason 32/62, Bracken 23/63

Free Throws: Mason 16/24, Bracken 20/23

3-Pointers: Mason 5/15, Bracken 10/28

Rebounds: Mason 44 (Schalch 11), Bracken 34 (B. Reed 7)

Turnovers: Mason 12, Bracken 8

Records: Mason County 3-3, Bracken County 3-6

Someone is poking fun at Bracken County. This is not his first rodeo.

Oh, I remember him.:lol2:

Sign in to follow this