Forde confused by another voting scandal in Florida

OldRaider22

Dhruv (AA): So is BCS whine the new black? Seems to work everytime (Brown, Meyer, etc.)

Pat Forde: (2:35 PM ET ) Good line. It's working too well for my tastes. I'm not real big on coaches politicking, and I'm less big on voters who listen to them.

This is what I was trying to say earlier. Is this really what we want out of our college football? It's becoming like political races, and IMO is bad for the game.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a number of voters put off voting for Florida until further review. They looked pretty good against a pretty good Arkansas team. The match up is as good as it can be at this point and the UM people crying is downright pitiful. Quit the crying start getting ready or USC is going to blast UM out of the stadium. Carroll with a month to prepare or Carr, hmmm tough choice. I think the Trojans put the UM fans out of their misery, as usual. FYI, with Michigan's record in the Rose Bowl vs. SC I wouldn't want that matchup either.

I think a number of voters put off voting for Florida until further review. They looked pretty good against a pretty good Arkansas team. The match up is as good as it can be at this point and the UM people crying is downright pitiful. Quit the crying start getting ready or USC is going to blast UM out of the stadium. Carroll with a month to prepare or Carr, hmmm tough choice. I think the Trojans put the UM fans out of their misery, as usual. FYI, with Michigan's record in the Rose Bowl vs. SC I wouldn't want that matchup either.

If they indeed did that, then they aren't doing their jobs. Period. By pretty good you mean 7 turnovers(total) in a game that was essesntially decided by a muffed punt return? I'm worried to death about Pete Carroll and USC, he scares the bejesus out of me, but check UM's overall record v. USC at the Rose Bowl. Recent history hasn't been kind to us, but we've done pretty OK.

If they indeed did that, then they aren't doing their jobs. Period. By pretty good you mean 7 turnovers(total) in a game that was essesntially decided by a muffed punt return? I'm worried to death about Pete Carroll and USC, he scares the bejesus out of me, but check UM's overall record v. USC at the Rose Bowl. Recent history hasn't been kind to us, but we've done pretty OK.

What is the record overall? I know that your boy Bo went 0 for forever before breaking through. I know that the record against SC in the Rose can't be good.

What is the record overall? I know that your boy Bo went 0 for forever before breaking through. I know that the record against SC in the Rose can't be good.

I think it's 4-5 or 4-4 something like that.........I'll call my grandpa and ask. Bo did lose quite a few for a while(one he didn't actually lose, since he wasn't there b/c of heart attack the night before).

I think it's 4-5 or 4-4 something like that.........I'll call my grandpa and ask. Bo did lose quite a few for a while(one he didn't actually lose, since he wasn't there b/c of heart attack the night before).

Its 8 wins and 11 losses total. With a number of the wins coming really early on. 4 of the losses came to SC.

I think Forde is pretty much one of the worst opinion writers ever. Its Tressel's business on whether or not he should vote or not.

How so? He gave his word on being included on the coaches poll, and skipped out on the most important vote. This isn't about the Vest or OSU. It's his responsibility to the game that makes his life what it is. He isn't forced to be involved. He chose to...

How so? He gave his word on being included on the coaches poll, and skipped out on the most important vote. This isn't about the Vest or OSU. It's his responsibility to the game that makes his life what it is. He isn't forced to be involved. He chose to...

What am I missing? How did he give his word to be involved?

It's voluntary. He could have just as easily said he didn't want to vote before the season...

I dont see how he gave his word and then went back on it. He just, in the final poll, the only one that really matters decided to just let things play out and see what happens without him having effect on it.

I dont see how he gave his word and then went back on it. He just, in the final poll, the only one that really matters decided to just let things play out and see what happens without him having effect on it.

Maybe I need to go slower.

1. In a voluntary poll, you are giving your word when you agree to be involved.

2. The reason he didn't vote is selfish. No other way to describe it.

3. I get that he's looking out for his team. And ONLY his team. Therein lies my problem. If his interest isn't in the system, say no from day 1.

It seems very cut and dry to me...