Forde confused by another voting scandal in Florida

OldRaider22

Maybe I need to go slower.

1. In a voluntary poll, you are giving your word when you agree to be involved.

2. The reason he didn't vote is selfish. No other way to describe it.

3. I get that he's looking out for his team. And ONLY his team. Therein lies my problem. If his interest isn't in the system, say no from day 1.

It seems very cut and dry to me...

Isn't his job above all else as a coach to look out for the well-being of his team? Why is he being selfish? In no other instance in sports do I know of where a team has a vote and a say so, albeit a small one, in who they will face in a tournament or championship situation.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't his job above all else as a coach to look out for the well-being of his team? Why is he being selfish? In no other instance in sports do I know of where a team has a vote and a say so, albeit a small one, in who they will face in a tournament or championship situation.

Do you know of any other instance where a coaches vote is 1/3 of the final equation? This system stands alone. If he doesn't want involved, say so from the start. 20 years without a coach abstaining from the vote? That says enough to me...

I cant really say I blame Tressel for not voting. He didnt want to be biased one way or the other on who he would be playing. Either way he voted, he could have been criticized for one reason or another, as this has obviously has been a hot button topic and would have been if Michigan were voted in as well. He may have given his word at one point, but if its voluntary it is obviously something you can choose to do from week to week.

I cant really say I blame Tressel for not voting. He didnt want to be biased one way or the other on who he would be playing. Either way he voted, he could have been criticized for one reason or another, as this has obviously has been a hot button topic and would have been if Michigan were voted in as well. He may have given his word at one point, but if its voluntary it is obviously something you can choose to do from week to week.

Why have no other #1s in 20 years done the same???