Way too early preseason rankings!

Trinity23

I will remain an X skeptic until something happens to change my mind. I know that there will come a day when X is a factor in the title, but I'll acknowledge it after it happens. Right now I'm just not convinced that football means as much at X as it does at Trinity.

I understand the thought process and while I want to argue it is hard to do so. The one argument that X fans do have is that since the hiring of Coach Wallace the two freshmen classes have been very good; I believe the last two years they're 4-0 against Trinity and 4-0 against Male. While that doesn't guarantee anything, it is a sign that the talent level is changing on Poplar Level Road.

Only time will tell what happens the next few years, but X still has to prove it on a varsity level.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owensboro in the mix in 5A - I can't put Scott County ahead of them. I think they are 3 to 4 in this ranking. Owensboro returns most of their starters on offense including QB, WR,WR, RB, T, G, C (Wimsatt, Tinsley, Avery, Millay to name a few). Returns 2 CB's and 2 LB's including 1st team all-state Gough (1st team as a Sophomore and missed most of this last year). Owensboro has tremendous lower classmen that should step in nicely at LB, DL, Secondary (Goodwin, Hines, Khalil Rogers, Clark, Early, Carbon). No lack for talent next year at all.

Owensboro in the mix in 5A - I can't put Scott County ahead of them. I think they are 3 to 4 in this ranking. Owensboro returns most of their starters on offense including QB, WR,WR, RB, T, G, C (Wimsatt, Tinsley, Avery, Millay to name a few). Returns 2 CB's and 2 LB's including 1st team all-state Gough (1st team as a Sophomore and missed most of this last year). Owensboro has tremendous lower classmen that should step in nicely at LB, DL, Secondary (Goodwin, Hines, Khalil Rogers, Clark, Early, Carbon). No lack for talent next year at all.

I agree with Brown on Owensboro I think they will definitely be in the mix. I can also say very confidently that Douglass will be better than Scott Co. with all that Douglass returns plus their freshman class.

Western Kentucky teams I can give you some run downs 2A-4A

2A

Mayfield loses a TON off of this years team. Going to be interesting to see how they replace them.

Caldwell County has a nice group returning and an amazing 8th grade class from what I have been told. I could see them knocking Mayfield from their WKY throne

3A

Still think Paducah is the class of this district. Union would be my number 2 team with what they return

4A

Hopkinsville returns 13 starters with 8 of those on Offense including big time WR Reece Jesse. I think the Tigers could make a run to Thanksgiving weekend this year

Logan County returns some nice pieces but loses their QB & RB who were their heart and soul. Adler does a great job and they will be a tough out capable of getting out of the district.

Madisonville loses a boatload of seniors and may have to take a year to regroup and reload. This years Senior Class was special.

McCracken County returns 7 offensive starters, including Hunter Bradley and 4 of the 5 starters on a very good offensive line. 8 defensive starters on a defense that got a lot better toward the end of the year. A very talented team returning for the Mustangs.

I’ll be surprised if we see Hunter Bradley play next year. He suffered a devastating/possible career ending injury.

I think Crittenden County will be one of the last 4 standing in 1A next year. I believe they return 18-20 starters next year. And they played the playoffs without arguably their best all around player in Tyler Boone, who will be back. They were a predominantly soph and junior heavy this year.

Yes it was horrible and Gruesome and something I’ll never be able to forget, with that being said modern medicine is amazing, and I think we will see him play next.

A what, 7-8 month comeback after that? I just don’t see it. And IF he makes it back, he won’t be 60% of the player he was last year. I’d like his chances of making it back to 90% if he was a sophomore this year instead of a junior.

Western Kentucky teams I can give you some run downs 2A-4A

2A

Mayfield loses a TON off of this years team. Going to be interesting to see how they replace them.

Caldwell County has a nice group returning and an amazing 8th grade class from what I have been told. I could see them knocking Mayfield from their WKY throne .

They said the same thing when Luke Guhy, Jake Guhy, Landon Arnett and Jonathan Jackson graduated.

They might do it but Mayfield also has a very good 8th grade class coming in.

I’m a McCracken fan so I hope he makes it back, but I’m also a realist. The mental aspect will be the hardest wound to heal.

Toughest kid I have ever seen or played with, probably average 20 tackles a game 4th-7th grade, severely dislocated his hip in a 7th grade football game. Never played another down the rest of his life.