Class 4A Playoffs: #7 Madisonville North-Hopkins at 4A #8 Hopkinsville Predictions

Class 4A Playoffs: Who Wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Class 4A Playoffs: Who Wins?

• 4A #7 Madisonville North-Hopkins
    • 4A #8 Hopkinsville

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best district in this class easily, and maybe the entire state top to bottom in terms of competition.

Should be another good one this time around. I’d give a slight edge to Hopkinsville, for the mere fact there at home, and it’s hard to beat a good team twice in one season.

Good luck to both teams and may the best team win!

Class 4A has some great matchups this week in round 2. Hopkinsville played terrible in round 1 and barely escaped Calloway. I look for a much more inspired effort from the Tigers this week. Madisonville has had their number the past few years. Are both teams healthy? That may be the key to this week.

42-35? Hopkinsville D hasn’t given up 30 points in a game all year, I don’t think that will start this week.

I think the first team to 21 wins this one.

It’s my opinion if you don’t agree that’s fine but that is my opinion sometimes in the playoffs coaches make adjustments and the game turns out to be a more high scoring game than the one in the regular season.

It's the playoffs and Craig Clayton is coaching. His teams peak this time of year.

Last game? Hoptown scored 3 TDs and Madisonville scored 3 TDs. Hopkinsville had an injured kicker and did not convert a single extra point all night. The difference in the game was the missing kicker. That won't be the case Friday. Hoptown will be motivated from a loss earlier in the year to Madville and more focused after a scare against Calloway on Friday.

27-17

Hopkinsville.

Due to Madisonville being out of school Tue and Wed because of weather, and school board not letting them practice. Game has been rescheduled for Sat.at 2pm Stadium of Champions.

Thanks Maroonman! I think that's probably a win for both schools as conditions should be much better then! What are your keys to the game for the Maroons?

Thanks Maroonman! I think that's probably a win for both schools as conditions should be much better then! What are your keys to the game for the Maroons?

Maroon's need to establish the running game better than they did against Logan Co.. Then they have to try to slow down Hoptown's passing attack with Bland & Jesse, which is a tall order. Should be another classic! (Don't know if my heart can take another one. lol)

If you were wondering if a move to Saturday would have any effect on knowing the quarterfinal pairings based on RPI, it won't. Hopkinsville is 6th and Madisonville 7th and only one western team (Franklin County - 3rd) is ahead of them. Whoever wins the Madisonville/Hopkinsville game is assured of hosting the next round and will already know who their opponent is before the game kicks off.