Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rival in Championship?

Featured Replies

Do you root for your rival in the State Championship?

 

Do you bite the bullet and pull for them because they are from your part of the state or do you root against them because they are your most hated rival?

 

If they win, it will force your team to get better; kids are attracted to winning programs and success breeds success, so it could make it harder for your team. But their getting better will ultimately make your players better because they will be forced to work that much harder and will force them to be better players and people.

 

On which side do you fall?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, you have to support your part of the state. No matter how much you hate a school, if they are from your district or region you should cheer for them.

I root for the teams in my area whether a rival or not. The NKY posters have perfected the art of "area fansmanship (not a word but it sounded sort of cool)", and I wish CKY fans could pull together and do the same. If there isn't a team from our area (rare) in the finals, then I pull for the public schools.

kids are attracted to winning programs and success breeds success, so it could make it harder for your team.

 

Interesting comment... very interesting.

I have my favorites that come first like Danville who I pull for but generally I root for area teams.

I generally try to pull for the locals -- even if it's the one that beat us.

I generally try to pull for the locals -- even if it's the one that beat us.

If that's the case, then explain your avatar.

If that's the case, then explain your avatar.

I'm guessing that he lost a bet.:lol:

I root for the teams in my area whether a rival or not. The NKY posters have perfected the art of "area fansmanship (not a word but it sounded sort of cool)", and I wish CKY fans could pull together and do the same. If there isn't a team from our area (rare) in the finals, then I pull for the public schools.

 

I'm with you TTC. I just wish Boyle was there with Danville and Mercer.

I'm with you TTC. I just wish Boyle was there with Danville and Mercer.

Im pulling for CKY! I am a Danville fan that also wishes that Boyle was in the mix!:thumb:

Of course I cheer the NKY teams on.:thumb:

 

GO BREDS

 

GO RAIDERS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GO COLONELS

Of course I cheer the NKY teams on.:thumb:

 

GO BREDS

 

GO RAIDERS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GO COLONELS

:laugh: :thumb:

Henry...you are waaaay too good to us!!! :lol:

Henry...you are waaaay too good to us!!! :lol:

 

I like to think I live by the ole saying, "Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer.":D

I like to think I live by the ole saying, "Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer.":D

I don't think I could get much closer. ;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.