Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brewers at Reds (9/24 - 9/26)

Featured Replies

With it being the last home series of the season and Marty's last series, we can't skip this one.

 

Reds start with a 4-2 loss. Sonny Gray grabs his 200th strikeout for the season.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the Reds organization will squeeze the last nickle out of it that they can.

I'm sure the Reds organization will squeeze the last nickle out of it that they can.

 

Is there something wrong with that?

Sonny Gray grabs his 200th strikeout for the season.

 

I believe I saw that this is the first time the Reds have had two pitchers with 200 K's in the same season. And in theory, they actually have three, if you count Bauer's numbers with Cleveland.

I believe I saw that this is the first time the Reds have had two pitchers with 200 K's in the same season. And in theory, they actually have three, if you count Bauer's numbers with Cleveland.

 

That is a hard to believe stat. Not doubting you. Just saying it is amazing this is the first time ever if it is correct.

 

______________________

 

I just researched it and that stat is correct. Only 19 times in Reds history 200k's in a season for a pitcher.

Edited by Voice of Reason

With it being the last home series of the season and Marty's last series, we can't skip this one.

 

Reds start with a 4-2 loss. Sonny Gray grabs his 200th strikeout for the season.

 

Thanks for starting the thread, I agree.

 

What was the crowd like?

  • Author
Thanks for starting the thread, I agree.

 

What was the crowd like?

 

I didn't hear what it was announced at but they were projected 13K last night and then same for tonight. You know it's bad when the vending boss says that we can take out 12 packs instead of full 24 packs.

 

I do think they are expecting at least 20K for tomorrow's business day special. If the weather is nice, maybe even more walk-up crowd. Last home game of the year, Marty's last game and a post-game Marty Party where fans can go on the field and I believe there will be some type of Q&A with Marty. Plus they are giving away transistor radios, with batteries and headphones to the first 20K fans.

  • Author

It was pretty cool to look up in the booth and see Bob Uecker in the booth with Marty. Two legends.

  • Author

An usher told me that the projection was up to 25K for today's game. Wouldn't shock me if the walk-up crowd pushes that closer to 30K. Could be a nice final game for MJ with limited beer vendors for day games.

 

I just hope Marty gets to say it one last time.

I just hope Marty gets to say it one last time.

 

Maybe since the Brewers clinched a playoff spot last night, there'll be hangover effect today and we can squeak one out.

  • Author
Maybe since the Brewers clinched a playoff spot last night, there'll be hangover effect today and we can squeak one out.

 

I was hoping/saying the same, but they still have a lot to play for. I hadn't been paying much attention and had no clue how hot they've been in September. 17-2 in their last 19 games.

Brewers can pull within a game of St. Louis with 3 to play with a victory today. They are a game behind the Nationals for home field in the wild card game.

  • Author

Pretty lame they are sitting Suarez today, unless there is an injury I don't know about. Would have been nice to have him hit #50 and Marty announce it.

Pretty lame they are sitting Suarez today, unless there is an injury I don't know about. Would have been nice to have him hit #50 and Marty announce it.

 

Thought the same things. But, even then, there's no guarantee that Marty would be on the mic at the time. How about a Suarez pinch-hit, walk-off, homer to win it in the 9th? Oh, well, I can dream.

 

Besides, there's absolutely no chance that would ever happen. Ever. Never.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.