Tubby And The Early Signing Period

gametime

I don't know, I'm an idiot.
We all make mistakes.

As to your question, then what? Then, if Tubby doesn't make noise in March, fans start getting serious about Tubby's hot seat. He's got a lot ridding on this season and this class IMO, and he can't afford to wiff on both.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to your question, then what? Then, if Tubby doesn't make noise in March, fans start getting serious about Tubby's hot seat. He's got a lot ridding on this season and this class IMO, and he can't afford to wiff on both.

I've been a pretty staunch Tubby supporter since someone flipped on the seat warmer, but I agree with this statement.

If this season flounders, and we fail to lock up PP, I may move to the dark side. I mean, I don't think it would hurt to shake things up a bit- the program is stagnant and regressing. All said, I'll give Tubby two more years (on the condition he lands PP).

We all make mistakes.

I agree.

We all make mistakes.

I couldn't agree more and I love Orlando.

We all make mistakes.

I've defended Tubby tooth and nail on this site for four years now, but you speak the truth. He has to produce in one of these two areas or my greatest fear will come true: Barnhart hires a 60 year old, over-the-hill basketball coach.

That I do.

I can't agree that having Rondo back would be a plus. I'm not questioning his talent, but it's pretty obvious things between he and Tubby weren't that good. They're better off without him.

Duke is down a bit from their normal lofty status, but how often does this happen for them. It's quite rare. Plus, down for them is what...being rated outside of the top 10 in the first month of the season. There is no comparison between UK's recruiting and Duke's recruiting. And there is no comparison with UK's recruiting and UNC's under Roy Williams.

I will agree with you and that is an area, that must improve at UK. The versatility of players, to play on the perimeter, penetrate, post and block, along with having a mid-range jump shot, has been lacking at UK, even back to the Joe B. days.

That was only partly true. It was true when it came to Wright but not Hansborough. Tyler's dad was ga ga for Ol Roy. Thats why he didnt come here.

Tyler had UK as his leader. You are correct about his dad. He wanted Tyler to go to UNC and he did. I guess, in this situation, that RH didn't do enough persuading the father to get him to come to Lexington.

Tyler had UK as his leader. You are correct about his dad. He wanted Tyler to go to UNC and he did. I guess, in this situation, that RH didn't do enough persuading the father to get him to come to Lexington.

Hope parental influences work this way with Patterson, too. His momma loves Tubby.

Doesn't UK have to solid verbals, from A.J. Stewart and 7' Center Mike Williams, for '07?

Has there been much discussion on that or any thoughts, from someone who has seen them play.

From what I've seen and heard Stewart will be a nice addition. Not much out there on Williams. And I do believe both have signed a LOI...

From what I've seen and heard Stewart will be a nice addition. Not much out there on Williams. And I do believe both have signed a LOI...
From what I've read, Stewart has a solid game and is versatile. Williams at near 270lbs, must be a load inside.

If they ink and some additional players commit, that are being recruited than some solid young talent in the '06 class, will be aided by a potentially very good '07 class.

Doesn't UK have to solid verbals, from A.J. Stewart and 7' Center Mike Williams, for '07?

Has there been much discussion on that or any thoughts, from someone who has seen them play.

A.J. Stewart is a 6-7 1/2 205 lb. slasher, very athletic , can shoot the 3 and plays bigger. Long wingspan, which aids him on the defensive end of the floor.