Tubby And The Early Signing Period

gametime

Hope parental influences work this way with Patterson, too. His momma loves Tubby.

I hope so too. Another thread about PP's high school team had almost everybody saying he wasn't that good. I guess not when OJ won't pass you the ball. He is the rated the 11th best player in the country and the 4th best PF. I hope we get him, would give us a solid class along with the 3 who are signed, and maybe another one in the spring.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so too. Another thread about PP's high school team had almost everybody saying he wasn't that good. I guess not when OJ won't pass you the ball. He is the rated the 11th best player in the country and the 4th best PF. I hope we get him, would give us a solid class along with the 3 who are signed, and maybe another one in the spring.

I remember people saying Elton Brand wasn't that good either when his HS team played at Lexington Catholic.

This is true. Also, this happened with Brandan Wright. He wanted to go to UK, has been a fan since he was little, Hanson did not seal the deal, and UNC came in and got him at the eleventh hour. Can you imagine this team with Hansborough, Wright, SWAT, and Morris? Man, what a front line at the Power Forward and Center.

Actually it's not....Wright was quoted in an interview stating that his final three were UNC, Vanderbilt, and Duke. His interest in UK dropped for whatever reason about a month or two before his decision. Most UK fans are either blind to, or refuse to believe this though.

From what I've seen and heard Stewart will be a nice addition. Not much out there on Williams. And I do believe both have signed a LOI...

I've heard much of the same.....Bob Gibbons for whatever reason seems to think Williams will be a much improved player in ability and ranking by the end of his senior season. I believe he had him ranked #65.

The key to the class IMO is not Patterson or Lucas, but Marshall Moses. The guy is an absolute stud. He is set to visit the weekend of Dec. 9th, and I would be very suprised if he didn't commit on the spot.

I am still very confident in Jai Lucas being a Wildcat when all is said and done, however I really feel UK will need to pull a small miracle to bring Patterson in. From what I've gathered, his parents are 100% UK, while he is more 75% Florida, 25% UK....

Actually it's not....Wright was quoted in an interview stating that his final three were UNC, Vanderbilt, and Duke. His interest in UK dropped for whatever reason about a month or two before his decision. Most UK fans are either blind to, or refuse to believe this though.

I was led to believe that UK was sealed up with Reggie not sealing it.

I've heard much of the same.....Bob Gibbons for whatever reason seems to think Williams will be a much improved player in ability and ranking by the end of his senior season. I believe he had him ranked #65.

The key to the class IMO is not Patterson or Lucas, but Marshall Moses. The guy is an absolute stud. He is set to visit the weekend of Dec. 9th, and I would be very suprised if he didn't commit on the spot.

I am still very confident in Jai Lucas being a Wildcat when all is said and done, however I really feel UK will need to pull a small miracle to bring Patterson in. From what I've gathered, his parents are 100% UK, while he is more 75% Florida, 25% UK....

Maybe mom and dad will have the most influence.

Yup. The more I dissect it, I think this is the single major flaw with recruiting at UK. Take a look at Thad up the road. He's already working on 2010 kids and has 2 top 25 for 08 in the bag....

Matta is to be given a lot of credit.

However, he has had the perfect storm for OSU recruiting.

Ohio is just rolling out talent right now.

UC would have been some major competition for some of the kids he got. Bob Huggins was a lame duck coach and Kennedy really couldn't recruit during last year. Essentially, Matta had about a 2-3 year head start on Ohio kids.

I would venture to say counting the present freshman class, about 80% of his verbals are from Ohio.

Secondly, Matta got Oden, which instantly put them on the map and even though next year's class and the year after may never be a teammate, it pretty much stamped OSU as being more attractive.

Thirdly, he was able to sweep into Indiana which was suffering through the Davis Era.

He has done well, especially locally.

Didn't Hanson get lazy in locking up Hansbrough and UNC came in late in got him? Or is this an urban legend?

False.

Uk made a big run at him, and it was a three-horse race between UNC, UK, and the home stat team in Missouri. Hansborough's parents are split up, I believe. The father favored UNC and the mom favored UK.

After, he visited UNC after a visit to UK, UNC led.

What is interesting, David Padgett was considering UNC, and if he would have gone there, it possibly would have blocked a TH to UNC trip.

This is true. Also, this happened with Brandan Wright. He wanted to go to UK, has been a fan since he was little, Hanson did not seal the deal, and UNC came in and got him at the eleventh hour. Can you imagine this team with Hansborough, Wright, SWAT, and Morris? Man, what a front line at the Power Forward and Center.

UNC beat UK for TH, fair and square.

Actually, UK had Hansborough in for a unofficial during his junior year. UK made a great run at TH. UK had also just gotten Randolph Morris and UNC didn't have much in front of him.

Now Wright is probably a different story. However, Wright's high school coach was telling people, particularly Hanson that BW told him that UK was his leader.

UNC was in better than many have thought, as was Duke. UK prolly loosened up a bit when they received that information from the hs coach.

They didn't close the deal.

Hanson thinks that just because his title is assistant at UK that prospects are going to jump when he walks through the door and that is not the fact anymore. He has to work to get them and I don't think he was doing a very good job of doing that. Rigot, well, I really have no comment on him, seeing his big prize is Woo and Shagari...

Rigot was the lead recruiter for Jasper.