Tubby And The Early Signing Period

gametime

I think this is a major flaw with Tubby that is often overlooked. In his tenure, who are the players that gave a verbal and signed in the November period? Most of the big programs are already working (for the most part) on next year in the spring while Tubby and company are scrambling to recover from the big name that decided on his other choice at the last minute. Thoughts???

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much hitted on the head. This year will be no different. He will wait around until spring to only have PP and Lucas go else where. Then what?

Another Woo and Shagari...:lol:

If I could describe Tubby's tenure at UK in one word, it would be "INCONSISTENCY".

Just a brief example. Right now the only top 25 player at Rivals for 07 with UK in the mix is Patterson. There is only one other player not committed in the top 25 at this point. Drew Gordan is the only player with UK on his list right now in the 08 Top 25. They join Duke, Florida, Kansas, UNC, UConn, UCLA, Arizona and others on his "short" list of choices...

Two things that I read on another site:

1. The UK staff has pretty much given up on Patrick Patterson signing with the Cats. Whether that's true or not I do not know, but that's what I read.

2. Patterson's team, Huntington High, scrimmaged Henry Clay High at one of the Pike County schools and won easily. But O J Mayo did most of the damage, Patterson was not as impressive as the poster thought he would be, with a lack of hustle.

So, maybe they'd be better off going in another direction other than Patterson.

And I agree...Tubby cannot seem to seal the deal with big recruits in the fall anymore. Most of the powers of college already have their recruiting done and are concentrating on the next recruiting class.

BTW, I don't think you can fairly evaluate Patrick Patterson now that he's playing with OJ. OJ is going to get his points and he's going to take over almost every game.

As a true big man, PP is not going to get the same types of opportunities that he would have had OJ stayed at NCH, or gone elsewhere. Especially not in a preseason scrimmage.

1. The UK staff has pretty much given up on Patrick Patterson signing with the Cats. Whether that's true or not I do not know, but that's what I read.

2. Patterson's team, Huntington High, scrimmaged Henry Clay High at one of the Pike County schools and won easily. But O J Mayo did most of the damage, Patterson was not as impressive as the poster thought he would be, with a lack of hustle.

And I agree...Tubby cannot seem to seal the deal with big recruits in the fall anymore. Most of the powers of college already have their recruiting done and are concentrating on the next recruiting class.

They need to land Patterson. They've spent too much time on him to give up. They could still try to get another player at that position. But, you'd think they'd have been doing that anyway.

I was at this game and it was at Sheldon Clark high school in Inez. OJ Mayo stole the show from warm-ups till the final second ticked off the clock. I was 5 feet from the HH bench and though Patterson is a good size PF he didnt impress me. Had trouble holding onto the ball and only got to challenge a hand full of shots. Also, this game was guard dominated and I dont think Patterson got a chance to get his looks with OJ doing anything and everything.

I think this is a major flaw with Tubby that is often overlooked. In his tenure, who are the players that gave a verbal and signed in the November period? Most of the big programs are already working (for the most part) on next year in the spring while Tubby and company are scrambling to recover from the big name that decided on his other choice at the last minute. Thoughts???

"It just wasn't meant to be."