Do you think Class 6A is a two horse race?

Bac2369

I don't pay enough attention to the teams around the state to give you a good list, but I am confident we'll have identified them by the end of the year. X is an obvious choice. Despite last weeks game, it could happen. I'll take it one step further and predict X will beat one of those two teams before the end of the year.

I would say you haven't seen Trinity or Male play this year, or you're sandbagging. :lol2:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say you haven't seen Trinity or Male play this year, or you're sandbagging. :lol2:

I've seen all three Trinity games. They are good, but still make a few too many mistakes. If those mistakes happen against a good team, they will lose. A couple of picks could have cost them the Warren Central game. A couple of pass interference penalties cost them. That said, I like their chances.

I wouldn’t count X out, because Wallace is very good at rebounding teams, like the BG team that lost 45-19 to X then won the state championship.

Although, I’d say there’s about a 90% chance it’s Male or T who wins it.

Yes, but BG rebounded to win a smaller class. That loss didn't hurt their chances. Had they had to play X again, that may not have happened.

I said in the pre-season that it's Trinity or Male again. St. X was overrated and over-hyped. To say that they are very good is a stretch. They beat a 3A team, a 5A team and are playing a 4A team this weekend. When they played a very good 6A team, they got waxed. They haven't been State Champs since 2009. I will wait until they actually beat Trinity or Male in the playoffs before crowning them.

Edited by SHAMROCK69

No, it’s not a two team race because it’s only three weeks into the season. If the St. X/Male game was a typical district game played in October I’d be concerned and probably say St. X has a very slim chance, but it’s still September and a lot more football to be played. We’ll see how St.X fares the next three weeks and that will give us a good sample size about them.

Male has two very good WRs, but it’s not their passing game that is worrisome, it’s their ability to run the football that makes them scary. While St. X’s secondary is a concern especially against Male, their inability to slow down the running game is much more concerning.

I said in the pre-season that it's Trinity or Male again. St. X was overrated and over-hyped. To say that they are very good is a stretch. They beat a 3A team, a 5A team and are playing a 4A team this weekend. When they played a very good 6A team, they got waxed. They haven't been State Champs since 2009. I will wait until they actually beat Trinity or Male in the playoffs before crowning them.

Who crowned them? Over hyped? Doesn’t one have to receive hype in the pre-season to be “over hyped”?

Yes, on paper Trinity’s out of state schedule looks very good but let’s be honest... the only team that was really as good as the hype on their schedule so far was Warren Central. So stop acting like Trinity has run through the cream of the crop this year just because they’re out of state schools.

If DeSales was an out of state team I’m sure Trinity would try schedule them just like Cathedral from IN in years past. Yes, Henry Clay is just like every other Fayette County School which Trinity scrimmaged on of those teams too.

And has Trinity fans know “getting waxed” in the regular season isn’t always what happens in November and December, but we’ll see how your pre-season predictions play out.

I don't know what the future holds. But it feels similar to years of recent past. Mark Twain says it best, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes". That's what I feel about the remainder of this season. Obviously, this is predicated on Trinity and Male staying healthy. We shall see. To use an often worn out saying, that's why they play the games.

I find it interesting how the fate of 6A has been decided after three weeks. Aren't there seven more regular season games to be played or is it December already?

You're right. We'll hold off on this speculation until Male and Trinity are 10-0 and 9-1.

You're right. We'll hold off on this speculation until Male and Trinity are 10-0 and 9-1.

Right because it's so crazy to think that a team could struggle early in the season and just so happen to start clicking around October and November. If only there was a year a team struggled early, and then started to play better later in the season??? Can't think of the last time that happend; maybe this year it will.